Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special Teams

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Special Teams

Special Teams is a huge concern for me. It just seems to fall short each season. Our kickoffs are not deep, our coverage team can't cover and I'm tired of seeing Shuisham making the tackles. Can this guy just not get any air under the ball to allow our players to get down the field ? Can he at least knock it out of the end zone ? Our punter doesn't exactly make me cheer neither. Is it coaching or lack of talent ? Sorry to start a thread for novice questions but like in the Clint Eastwood movie, " I gots to know ? "

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tomlin stated he wanted suisham to intentionally kick short of the end zone to see we're we are in regards to the special teams coverage. His exact words " better to know now then later" which I agree.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks Steelwolf and smart of Tomlin. So then what are the results ? To me they were 50/50 with their coverage. I get it that the other teams get paid to play too but, I am big on specal teams field position. It makes o and d so much better.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i am a little nervous about sushi. he hasnt looked good at all on FGs. kickoffs dont worry me as much as i think we can shore up our coverage. too many LBs to be terrible, though i really dont need to see shazier covering kicks

im most excited about wing. its pretty clear tomlin has told him he is the guy the steelers are rolling with. im betting he also told him not to worry about getting cut, just kick the damn ball. not bringing anyone else in spells it out. i think this kid can grow into something

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think we will be much better this year, and hopefully the steelers eliminate punting from inside their 10yd line which have the opponent a short field to operate with.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    i am a little nervous about sushi. he hasnt looked good at all on FGs. kickoffs dont worry me as much as i think we can shore up our coverage. too many LBs to be terrible, though i really dont need to see shazier covering kicks

im most excited about wing. its pretty clear tomlin has told him he is the guy the steelers are rolling with. im betting he also told him not to worry about getting cut, just kick the damn ball. not bringing anyone else in spells it out. i think this kid can grow into something
    I believe his issue in regards to his field goal misses is due to our long snapper being out, but hopefully if that's the case they get it figured out.... Best case scenario is the steelers score td's instead of needing FGs

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelwolf you are so right. The way this league has been groomed to put points on the board, we can't keep settling for fieldgoals. The ones that will advance into the playoffs are the offenses that get the ball back more from their defense and can do something with it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With shamarko, Howard jones, Robert golden, and garvin there should be some damn good speed on ST.

I like wing a lot I'm really glad they brought him in

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Shazier had 3 tackles on STs. And we being loaded at LB I think STs could be good this year!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think shazier will be playing ST for very long