Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Shamarko Thomas.....

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I haven't seen him in terms of on every play, if he is missing coverage, or things of that nature. But all I know is this: If you have the ball, and he is in front of you, you are dead. He is gonna smash you. He doesn't seem to ever miss. Now some in here have questioned his coverage ability; I just haven't seen enough to form an opinion one way or the other. But if he can cover, the rest of his game is tight. He get's out there and Pops Dat Thing.
    He is very good in press man when he has moved to the slot ie. big nickle package. Zone I would say not as solid but that can be improved upon. He is at his best to me when he is closest to the los. Another factor is he has shown a good burst getting to the qb when firing from the slot. Gets under and around the corner well.
    Your right SB in that his ability to tackle is excellent. Text book tech by this future starter. You can't teach that closing speed that he is showing on a regular basis.

  2. #12
    Don't get your hopes up on "Bustamarko"

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Don't get your hopes up on "Bustamarko"
    I remember someone on this site last year complaining about the pick saying even his old coach from Syracuse didn't want to draft him. I wonder if that coach changed his mind after watching Saturday night?
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I remember someone on this site last year complaining about the pick saying even his old coach from Syracuse didn't want to draft him. I wonder if that coach changed his mind after watching Saturday night?
    Bills didnt need a safety.

    But it is weird that most major college coaches that go pro tend to not draft their players....carroll, harbaugh, and obrien come to mind as recent ones

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Bills didnt need a safety.

    But it is weird that most major college coaches that go pro tend to not draft their players....carroll, harbaugh, and obrien come to mind as recent ones
    They DID IN FACT draft a safety JUST BEFORE we drafted Shamarko in the 4th. That player did not have nearly the impressive measurables as Shamarko. He was slower less explosive and not nearly was strong. I also recall that hater critic Ikestop85 referred to last year making that point. While I loved the pick I have to say that point did concern me.

    I think you are right that coaches just tend to not take their guys perhaps thinking they don't want to be swayed by emotional bias.

    Shamarko himself MUST have taken that as a slight. Any surprise he JUST HAD his most impressive outing yet versus the Bills? Oh yes you make him regret he passed you up Shamarko.

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    They DID IN FACT draft a safety JUST BEFORE we drafted Shamarko in the 4th. That player did not have nearly the impressive measurables as Shamarko. He was slower less explosive and not nearly was strong. I also recall that hater critic Ikestop85 referred to last year making that point. While I loved the pick I have to say that point did concern me.

    I think you are right that coaches just tend to not take their guys perhaps thinking they don't want to be swayed by emotional bias.

    Shamarko himself MUST have taken that as a slight. Any surprise he JUST HAD his most impressive outing yet versus the Bills? Oh yes you make him regret he passed you up Shamarko.
    I guess they did draft Duke Williams, but at the time they had Jairus Byrd and Aaron Williams playing safety. Bills also took EJ Manuel over Nassib when everyone thought they were locked in on Nassib because of the connection.

    Shamarko is more of an in the box safety with potential to play NCB. I guess it depends on what you want on defense. I dont think taking Duke over Shamarko in the first round is quite as telling as Pete Carrol taking Earl Thomas over Taylor Mays if that makes any sense

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,643
    BILLS DIDN'T NEED a SAFETY until Saturday Night when their Safety looked like a fool by Antonio Brown running by him for a long TD.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,998
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Bills didnt need a safety.

    But it is weird that most major college coaches that go pro tend to not draft their players....carroll, harbaugh, and obrien come to mind as recent ones
    probably because it would show bias or maybe those players know these coaches soft spots...

    I would hate to have a former college player telling NFL players I'm really a softy who likes to watch musicals with my kids on Thursday nights.

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    probably because it would show bias or maybe those players know these coaches soft spots...

    I would hate to have a former college player telling NFL players I'm really a softy who likes to watch musicals with my kids on Thursday nights.
    I dont know if you are joking, but theres probably some truth to this. The relationships are certainly different between players and coaches at each level

  10. #20
    don't understand the coverage question... isn't this the kid who got matched up with WR's sometimes because he was teh best cover guy on the team? pretty sure i read something like that once upon a time... from the limited action i saw last year, i came into this season thinking, "only reason he's not starting is because he's behind a HOF safety"... overall this defense is in a good place for the future...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •