Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tunch on Worilds

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    Jarvis is the key, IMO

Worilds is going to generate pressure from the left. If Jones can generate a decent amount from the right, the defense will be pretty good
    We saw last yr how bad our pass rush was in week 17 when Worilds went down. We have NO depth behind Worilds. JJ is the only other true OLB left on the roster. Moats is an ILB and him being the #1 backup is scary.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

His high school coach wants him to get a deal with the J.E.T.S. JETS JETS JETS.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The Steelers had better players in front of him, you don't just put a guy on the field because he's young. He has to be the best option and he wasn't, that was clear. As Woodley remained injured and Worilds got reps, he got better, but when Woodley was healthy, Worilds wasn't the best option.

Pappy
    then why are they drafting him so high (mid 2nd round) whenthere are other obvious needs on the team

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Worilds I just say does have a lot of athleticism, moves and also brings the lumber. But don't sleep on Jones. I think he is gonna have a monster year. This whole team is starting to look stacked.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

At camp he dropped into coverage a bunch of times in live 11 on 11 and wasn't that bad. He can turn his hips good and get down the field for a olb. I think turning the corner is his strength but at least he has some cover skills. No reason to believe he will not be a good player. Imho the question is will be be a pro bowl caliber player?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It seems we wait so long for guys to develop and then we can't sign them. I don't know, maybe it's my imagination. We have Worilds, Heyward believe to be out of our reach soon in the future. We had Lewis on the team for so long that he became a commodity. If the office wasn't going to allow these players to start until their contracts were up in a year or the last year then, why not just offer them something when we could afford them or trade or cut them. Maybe then we could build for depth or for starters. Maybe they should have worried about keeping players like Legursky , etc ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    The Worilds I just say does have a lot of athleticism, moves and also brings the lumber. But don't sleep on Jones. I think he is gonna have a monster year. This whole team is starting to look stacked.
    I hope you are right about Jones, but not holding my breath. I still doubt he has the strength to have a consistent inside move and lacks the speed to get around a good LT.

If JJ can't bring it we have serious problems on the defense because the contact rules as now implemented will leave our secondary helpless. Ben the offense better figure out how to score 30+ points per game.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    then why are they drafting him so high (mid 2nd round) whenthere are other obvious needs on the team
    Because drafting for need is a terrible strategy...

Legend

User Info Menu

and what the opposite of that

drafting hood, wordis, adams is far more impressive??

and thats untrue anyway. we always have an eye on need

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    You'll have to ask Colbert, Tomlin, Lebeau, the scouts and Art II, I have no idea, but, IMO, that was clearly the case, he just wasn't the best option and playing him because he's young in front of another young (at the time) player just doesn't seem to be prudent.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount