Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris Carter Starting??

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    wasn't he one of those, 'steal of the draft', 'diamond in the rough',' instant backup , future starter' types right after he was dafted?
    Isn't every pick ?? HaHa.
    I think last preseason Chris Carter did a TV show on owning an Ice Cream Shop in California.
    Sounds like he's preparing for a new career and facing reality.
    I just don't understand how Tomlin didn't see after last preseason he was a "nonner"
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Carter will be a victim of all the competition we have in camp this year. I actually read (somewhere), where he was garnering surprising praise from Butler or somebody important. In the end though, his lack of production will be his downfall.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Seems like Howard Jones has had more of an impact in two preseason games than Carter has had in his 3 NFL seasons.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Seems like Howard Jones has had more of an impact in two preseason games than Carter has had in his 3 NFL seasons.
    Exactly .... how do you make it thru 3 seasons as an OLB with ZERO sacks and 16 total tackles while starting 4 games and being active for 29 games???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!