Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs bills

Pro Bowler
    Landry Jones has all of Blaine Gabberts worse qualities

Legend
    I wasn't as anti-Jones as some, but he is wearing on my patience and causing concern whether he can make it.

I'm still more concerned about the 1st round pick Jones who is suppose to starter than the 4th round pick Jones who is not intended to play except for a disaster. I do find it kinda funny that the 4th round Jones is getting destroyed and the 1st round Jones is getting a pass for doing pretty much nothing.

Aren't we a fickle and wierd bunch??????
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I wasn't as anti-Jones as some, but he is wearing on my patience and causing concern whether he can make it.

I'm still more concerned about the 1st round pick Jones who is suppose to starter than the 4th round pick Jones who is not intended to play except for a disaster. I do find it kinda funny that the 4th round Jones is getting destroyed and the 1st round Jones is getting a pass for doing pretty much nothing.

First round jones ended his disappointing rookie year with 9 tackles and a sack, his first action in preseason had a really nice sack.

4th round Jones looks lost and scared (scared is justified being behind that oline) but theyve been saying hes been struggling bad with finding an open reciever even in practice, when bullets arent flying

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Not really, the limited action 1st Jones has had has been good and reports out of camp are good as well. If he stays in the tub or looks lost yet again beginning 9/2 then I'll be concerned. I'm not all that concerned about 4th Jones, because if they cut him, they cut him, big deal a 4th round 3rd string QB.

So, I don't think we're being fickle, until 1st Jones sees more playing time he'll get the pass you mention. I think we'll see him vs the Eagles, anxiously awaiting the Worilds, Shazier, Timmons and Jones debut actually.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler
    When guys such as Wexell are tweeting about how shocking it is that L. Jones had a single good practice, it's time to cut bait. Almost all other reports say he's not had a good camp. And 4th round Jones isn't getting a pass because he's not shown a single play that showed potential. When I watch him play; its shocking he played Division 1 football. 1st round Jones looked lost but showed flashes (and looked decent in limited action this year with camp reports all being positive), 4th round Jones shows no acumen whatsoever to being a football player.

Pappy mentioned it and I mentioned it in another thread, but why is Kay (U of Cincy) not getting a cursory look? I can't fathom being worse.

Pro Bowler
    Apparently Kay has not shown anything of promise either

My patience with L. Jones is also beginning to wear thin. I like to give players, especially QBs, time to develop but I need to see some improvement. He looks as lost this year as he did last year.

I am really impressed with how well Jimmy Clausen is looking with Chicago and I was never a Clausen fan.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Landry Jones has all of Blaine Gabberts worse qualities
    That left a mark. Gabbert is just terrible. I laughed. When he came into the 9ers game last week; the announcers said, right away, "The coaches for the 49's said it's not a matter of if Gabbert ends up a starting NFL QB, but when." Right after they said that, he threw a terrible pass, and then continued to play awful the rest of the game. He is just horrid.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    My patience with L. Jones is also beginning to wear thin. I like to give players, especially QBs, time to develop but I need to see some improvement. He looks as lost this year as he did last year.

I am really impressed with how well Jimmy Clausen is looking with Chicago and I was never a Clausen fan.
    I have always hated Clausen even coming out of high school heading to ND. He was beyond cocky. I think he needed life to beat him up a bit and I believe the NFL has done that to him. When I saw a Clausen was in the game, I wondered who it was; I didn't realize it was _that_ Clausen. And, yes, he looked good. He finally must have had a light get switched on.

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Not really, the limited action 1st Jones has had has been good and reports out of camp are good as well. If he stays in the tub or looks lost yet again beginning 9/2 then I'll be concerned. I'm not all that concerned about 4th Jones, because if they cut him, they cut him, big deal a 4th round 3rd string QB.

So, I don't think we're being fickle, until 1st Jones sees more playing time he'll get the pass you mention. I think we'll see him vs the Eagles, anxiously awaiting the Worilds, Shazier, Timmons and Jones debut actually.

Pappy
    Ovi's dislike for Jarvis Jones doesn't make any sense. It's a waste of time to even respond to those posts. I don't quite understand his agenda against the guy but it has nothing to do with him as a football player. Yet, he has a love affair with Timmons... How can you hate on JJ's rookie year but yet defend Timmons' rookie year. It's laughable.