Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs bills

Quote Originally Posted by gabr1el View Post
    Gradkowski is bad, but not as bad as Jones.
    I know there will be no signings at QB, but, just in case, Josh Freeman is the best FA available, I guess.
    Or maybe we could bring Randle El back from retirement.
    Really? He has looked every bit as bad as Jones this preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Why does Grad get a pass? He is just as bad. The fact is this, if Ben goes down the Steelers are screwed. So those who hated us drafted a QB are short sighted. We certainly needed to draft and develop a QB but it's starting to be glaringly obvious they picked a dud. This team desperately needs to have a solid #2.
    Yep, I thought grabbing Jones was a good move on their part, a quarterback that had been rated higher but dropped and picked up in the 4th round to develop. And, maybe, that's still the plan and if it is, then Gradkowski should go.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Yep, I thought grabbing Jones was a good move on their part, a quarterback that had been rated higher but dropped and picked up in the 4th round to develop. And, maybe, that's still the plan and if it is, then Gradkowski should go.

Pappy
    Jones has spoken on why he hasn't developed thus far...and it centered around needing to make much quicker reads...having problems getting used to the speed of the NFL game. Some guys just can't make that transition.

Jones should be cut in the first wave

He flat out sucks

How much time has Gradkowski been on the field with the starters? I suspect not much last night, since he came in after Jones. I have seen Gradkowski play some decent games when he was with Tampa and later with Oakland. In fact, he had a very good day against us a few years ago while with Oakland. I think that if he had to step in for Ben he'd be at least as serviceable as Batch or Leftwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Really? He has looked every bit as bad as Jones this preseason.
    This is true.

Pro Bowler
    Special teams were not all that special against the Bills. Same as last season.

Pro Bowler
    Can not cut Gradkowski. Jones can never see the field. He is totally incapable as an NFL QB. I posted in another thread what Eddie said. Time to cut Jones and move on. Either they are giving him every last chance to show something or the kid from Cincinnati, Kay is totally incompetent as well and not worth giving any time to him. I find that hard to beleive, given what we've see from Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    How much time has Gradkowski been on the field with the starters? I suspect not much last night, since he came in after Jones. I have seen Gradkowski play some decent games when he was with Tampa and later with Oakland. In fact, he had a very good day against us a few years ago while with Oakland. I think that if he had to step in for Ben he'd be at least as serviceable as Batch or Leftwich.
    I was at the game in 06 when Grad started for Tampa Bay against the Steelers,and he was terrible. When it comes down to it,it hardly matters who the backup is,if Ben misses any amount of time beyond a game or two,the Steelers are in deep trouble.

Well hopefully Ben gets rid of the ball quicker to limit the hits he takes. There is no reason since we have a few more weapons he can check down to.

Also the 1st OL looked much better protecting Ben. I still would like to see a little more tough running from Blount but time will tell since it is only the second game in.