Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brady just threw a pick six.....

Quote Originally Posted by blitz71burgh71 View Post
    Fear not my fellow Steeler fan's Hockey is right around the corner.
    Are you really bringing up hockey right now? The football season just started LAST WEEK. Come on, dude..

We should all be happy that the Patriots aren't so "great" anymore..I LOVE to see them not doing well.
    Round 1, Pick 15 (15)- Ryan Shazier, ILB; Ohio State
    Round 2, Pick 14 (46)- Stephon Tuitt, DE; Notre Dame
    Round 3b, Pick 33 (97)- Dri Archer, RB; Kent State
    Round 4, Pick 18 (118 )- Martavis Bryant, WR; Clemson
    Round 5, Pick 17 (157)- Shaquille Richardson, CB; Arizona
    Round 5b, Pick 33 (173)- Wesley Johnson, OT; Vanderbilt
    Round 6, Pick 16 (192)- Jordan Zumwalt, OLB; UCLA
    Round 6b, Pick 39 (215)- Daniel McCullers, DT; Tennessee
    Round 7, Pick 15 (230)- Rob Branchflower, TE; Massachusetts

Pro Bowler
    In 2013, games averaged 12.2 penalties and 105.6 in penalty yards.

First week of 2014 preseason: 17.7 penalties and 145.3 in penalty yards.

Second week of 2104 preseason: 20.8 penalties and 174.4 in penalty yards.

20 flags a game is ridiculous and the NFL should be embarrassed that they are actually defending the officiating.

And to add to the game Hawaiiansteel mentions, Ten - NO: there were 20 flags in a 15 minute time span. At one point there were 11 penalties called in 12 plays run. That's 91% of plays being flagged in that period. That's unwatchable football.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    In 2013, games averaged 12.2 penalties and 105.6 in penalty yards.

First week of 2014 preseason: 17.7 penalties and 145.3 in penalty yards.

Second week of 2104 preseason: 20.8 penalties and 174.4 in penalty yards.

20 flags a game is ridiculous and the NFL should be embarrassed that they are actually defending the officiating.

And to add to the game Hawaiiansteel mentions, Ten - NO: there were 20 flags in a 15 minute time span. At one point there were 11 penalties called in 12 plays run. That's 91% of plays being flagged in that period. That's unwatchable football.
    My favorite commentary that I'm hearing from the announcers is that this will all get straightened out by the first game. The players will understand what is happening and change their behavior and the officials may let a bit more go when it's for real. I doubt it, the first weekend is going to be a flag fest and hopefully, viewership outside of the home teams markets will dwindle and force them to rethink this ridiculousness that is happening. How can anyone think this is entertaining football?

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Goodell and Co. continue to do what they can to destroy the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Goodell and Co. continue to do what they can to destroy the NFL.
    And, the numbers watching continue to rise regardless of what football "oldtimers" or "purists" whatever you would like to call us have to say, there just isn't enough of us.

Pappy

2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB

Pro Bowler
    I agree with the Hairdresser and Pap. There isn't enough of the old timers and the game is worse off with Goodell. For the life of me though; I can't figure out why a casual watcher would sit there and continue to watch a game after 5 plays in a row had penalties called. I would turn that off. How is it possible the powers that be think that's good? Imagine a game where the refs moved the ball the length of the field - TWICE. Good chance we'll see that this season. We've been close in the preseason already.

And didn't Manning set numerous offensive records last year. How much more help does the offense need? Outside of the Steelers, I find myself watching less and less NFL each season. I don't play fantasy football so I don't care about gaudy stats.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Are you really bringing up hockey right now? The football season just started LAST WEEK. Come on, dude..

We should all be happy that the Patriots aren't so "great" anymore..I LOVE to see them not doing well.
    You're kidding, right? How can you believe the Pats aren't "so great" anymore? What are you basing it on? Brady + Bellichick = play offs every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I agree with the Hairdresser and Pap. There isn't enough of the old timers and the game is worse off with Goodell. For the life of me though; I can't figure out why a casual watcher would sit there and continue to watch a game after 5 plays in a row had penalties called. I would turn that off. How is it possible the powers that be think that's good? Imagine a game where the refs moved the ball the length of the field - TWICE. Good chance we'll see that this season. We've been close in the preseason already.

And didn't Manning set numerous offensive records last year. How much more help does the offense need? Outside of the Steelers, I find myself watching less and less NFL each season. I don't play fantasy football so I don't care about gaudy stats.
    Amen brother Ghost, preach it!

Pappy

2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    No you won't. They have been "keeping this up" since Goodell arrived. Every year it gets worse and every year people swear they will stop watching but they never do.
    BS. It's called "degrees." They have gone to a degree that will make me stop. I am waiting to see how it unfolds in the real games, but if it's any where near this bad, I will swear off on the NFL, completely. I have already stopped spending any $ on ANY NFL gear for years. I refuse to support crap.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz71burgh71 View Post
    Fear not my fellow Steeler fan's Hockey is right around the corner.
    No interest in the Pens any more, who have established themselves as soft and as clear "chokers." Always great regular seasons followed by pathetic play offs. What a shame.