Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Sign Stephen Houston, RB

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Sign Stephen Houston, RB

UDFA was in camp with the Patriots, cut on Monday after fumbling in a preseason game.

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/13/steelers-sign-rb-stephen-houston/[/url]

Below is a predraft scouting report:

[url]http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/stephen-houston?id=2549928[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Omg hes not a corner!?!?!?!

Legend

User Info Menu

Being a Big Ten guy and never hearing of him...that doesn't bode well.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Pats* apparently partially guaranteed his deal, which they are on the hook for now. Must have been a priority FA signing.

Shawn, to your point, according to what I read, he split carries at Indiana, FWIW.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sounds like purely a camp body who won't make the team. We already have some bums who won't ever do anything in the NFL (Poole, Hall). It says his production does not match his physical skills. Like Jimmy Johnson and Big Tuna say, the #1 part of evaluation should be production at past level. Being big, fast and strong but not productive is a pass for me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers sign Houston.

(Yawn)

I wonder, who will they bring in to replace him at RB next week?

Backup

User Info Menu

Where is Felix Jones...He would be a nice cheap option...I thought he did well for us in spot duty last year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Where is Felix Jones...He would be a nice cheap option...I thought he did well for us in spot duty last year.
    I feel like Jones never was very appreciated. He gave us some production. No idea why no one wants to sign him.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He's worth a flyer...

[url]http://indiana.247sports.com/Article/With-chip-on-shoulder-Hoosiers-perform-well-on-Pro-Day-185203[/url]

Pretty impressive workout numbers...needs serious coaching...

4.46 40 yard dash
    24 reps of 225 lbs
    40 inch vertical
    11ft broad jump

Not bad for not having to expend a draft pick...all the physical tools you would want...

Needs serious coaching...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Sounds like purely a camp body who won't make the team.
    Exactly. Bell and Blount should not be getting many touches at all the rest of the preseason - we know what they can do and they're going to carry the load during the season. Keep the tread on those tires, if you will.