Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers place Adam Podlesh on reserve/did not report list

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Steelers place Adam Podlesh on reserve/did not report list

Steelers place Adam Podlesh on reserve/did not report list

Posted by Mike Wilkening on August 12, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT

Steelers punter Adam Podlesh has been placed on the reserve / did not report list, the club said Tuesday.

According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Podlesh has been away from the club to remain with his wife, who had a “difficult” pregnancy. According to Bouchette, Podlesh’s wife had a “successful but complicated delivery.”

“Adam has decided not to report to Training Camp at this time due to family obligations,” Steelers G.M. Kevin Colbert said in a team-issued statement.

By placing Podlesh on the reserve list, the Steelers now have two open roster spots. Brad Wing, who handled the punting in the Steelers’ preseason opener, is the only punter currently on the active roster.

The 31-year-old Podlesh joined the Steelers in the offseason. He previously had played for Chicago (2011-2013) and Jacksonville (2007-2010).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-report-list/

With a roster spot open I'm not sure I wouldn't kick the tires on Andre Brown RB that Houston just let go. He is still only 27 and he has proven he can play at this level 5.3 ave in 2012 8 td's. 6 ft 227 lbs and Poole, Harris n Maysonet and the rest of the crew battling for that last rb spot they all need to be pushed. He will have to play special teams too but I don't think we have anything to loose with a move like this.

Pro Bowler
    Eh, I think they are actually pretty loaded at RB right now

I think I'd be looking for help at corner back, but,hey that's just me.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Eh, I think they are actually pretty loaded at RB right now
    Bell, Blount and Archer look to be a nice top 3, but I'm not a fan of any of the rest. Poole looks ok on special teams but the rest didn't impress at all. I'd give Brown a look if he can play special teams, or look for another team's castoff to place on the PS. There have been years where the last RB cut has been tough; this isn't one of them.

I'd also add a punter to compete with Wing. A veteran would be nice if you find somebody that would mentor him during camp. I think Wing certainly has potential, but I'd like to see somebody push him.

Pro Bowler
    3 is plenty with Will Johnson also on the roster.

If someone gets seriously injured then you go find an Andre Brown, Michael Bush, LSH, Felix Jones

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I think I'd be looking for help at corner back, but,hey that's just me.

Pappy
    you and me both, I'm not sold at all on Antwon Blake or Brice McCain...

Pro Bowler
    Just curious, with you guys not being sold on our special teams gunners, who would they go after? The market is pretty soaked up.

Were you not happy with the Lew Toler signing? lol

I guess they could go after Asante Samuel or Jabari Greer, but theres pretty much no one else.

Pass rush works, secondary works...otherwise the defense is screwed, but thats always the case with this defense

Hall of Famer
    I think they definitely have to get another punter, cant just hand it to Wing at this stage.
    You make a good argument K Train, wait until cuts are made to grab a CB cause Shark will be next guy after Gay anyway
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    With a roster spot open I'm not sure I wouldn't kick the tires on Andre Brown RB that Houston just let go. He is still only 27 and he has proven he can play at this level 5.3 ave in 2012 8 td's. 6 ft 227 lbs and Poole, Harris n Maysonet and the rest of the crew battling for that last rb spot they all need to be pushed. He will have to play special teams too but I don't think we have anything to loose with a move like this.
    I think we are thick at RB. I would rather see them pick up a CB. We seem scary thin there. Who is out there?