Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Heath Miller makes a guarantee

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Heath Miller makes a guarantee

Maybe the non-trend-setting Heath Miller will establish something of a spin-off tradition at Heinz Field Saturday when the Steelers take on the Buffalo Bills in the team's second preseason game.

The next time rookie receiver Dri Archer catches a pass, Miller, long accustomed to hearing a loud "HEEEEATH!" coming from the crowd when he grabs a pass, can lead the crowd in a resounding:

"DRIIIII!"

As in "Dree," rhymes with "three," the Steelers' rookie speed demon who took a screen pass 46 yards in the team's preseason-opening loss to the Giants this past weekend.

The only problem, as Miller saw it, was Archer didn't score. He spoke with ESPN's Scott Brown Monday, and as Brown points out, Miller's quote machine is stuck on the "bland" setting. He spoke candidly about Archer, though.

"I guarantee you when he is out there the next time they're going to know who No. 13 is and where he's lining up and pay extra attention to him," Miller told Brown. "It can be good for all of us. He can help our offense."

The crowd will likely pay more attention to where the diminutive No. 13 is on the field, even if he took something of a flat angle getting up the field after catching a screen pass from Ben Roethlisberger. Archer leveled his run straight toward the sideline, cutting up probably a bit too late. That allowed the Giants' safety valves to take good angles to limit the play.

If a run is criticized after gaining 46 yards, one might say the expectations are a tad high, but that's the curse of the fleet of foot. Miller doesn't quite have that problem. A few things likely went wrong on the defensive side of the ball if Miller broke free for 46 yards, but he said he gave Archer "trouble" for getting caught from behind.

He'll get more trouble until he gets in the end zone, but if he cracks off 46-yard plays several times this season, it may be quickly forgiven.

[url]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2014/8/11/5993093/steelers-heath-miller-dri-archer-2014[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Heath is a team-first guy, appreciating Dri in the context of the Team and what he brings to the Team.

Starter

User Info Menu

Archer showed every team in the league what he is capable of if you give him space. That alone is going to create openings for other players on the offense.

He is a nightmare. Spy him and someone else gets yards. Don't and you run the risk of what you saw on Saturday night.

Pick your poison.

But that 46 yarder was no fluke.

The kid is legit.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Archer needs to protect himself. Learn how not to take a direct hit. If he stays healthy he'll be the missing link for Haley's offense
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Archer needs to protect himself. Learn how not to take a direct hit. If he stays healthy he'll be the missing link for Haley's offense
    Thats why he ran out of bounds instead of taking a hit and more yards..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dri excited me on that one play and I am hyped to see what he can do in this offense. I think somewhere I read that he was compared to Charles from KC but only smaller. If that is true than damn, we have a real weapon with him. We will see.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dont remember Heath ever speaking to the press lol

Maybe in regards to his contract saying "It will get done, I let me agent worry about that"

Legend

User Info Menu

I was really looking forward to a "SWEEEEEEED" chant once upon a time, but that never came to pass.

At least we can now add the "DRIIIIIIIII" to the "HEEEEEEATH" chant arsenal.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I was really looking forward to a "SWEEEEEEED" chant once upon a time, but that never came to pass.

At least we can now add the "DRIIIIIIIII" to the "HEEEEEEATH" chant arsenal.
    I screamed Sweeeeed once but it was in anger!!!

For 2 months my wife screamed "Sweeeeed" every time we dropped something in the house.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I screamed Sweeeeed once but it was in anger!!!

For 2 months my wife screamed "Sweeeeed" every time we dropped something in the house.
    ROTFLMAO, that is funny right there and I don't care who ya are!

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount