Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 2014 First Impression ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    they were probably aliases that people got tired of keeping up with...

not sure how why you would bring up "liberals" when talking about the Trib board... that place was a mess and one of the reasons I joined was due to reading a bunch of racist crap about Tomlin that was going unchecked.

I just think it ran its course and the Tribune realized it wasn't worth it to put up with all that drama.

I remember there was a guy who claimed to train NFL athletes at camps and someone actually called up the camp to confirm he was lying.
    Unless someone comes out or came out and said, " I don't want a black coach," I won't read between the lines. Color these guys with the rainbow I, couldn't care. I want to cheer on a good person a hard worker an a winner. Remember the Kordell topics ? Holy cow !

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    LTrain I think was the father. Great poster.
    I believe correct on all counts - L Train, father of Mike Lorello from WVU. IIRC he made it to camp and never did make it out, not even onto the PS. He did a quick tour trying to catch on afterwards and left football pretty quickly. I could be wrong but I think that is what I recall.

Backup

User Info Menu

You can't tell much from a pre-season game. I'm just glad no one was hurt. Does anyone remember who the stars were last year? Chris Rainey and Baron Batch... Rainey out played Archer having 2 catches for 65 yards. Here is what happened last year:

Chris Rainey made the most of every opportunity he had tonight in the passing game. Mike Tomlin said before the game that he would return kicks to start out but didn’t hint too much into where it would go from that. Rainey showed the quickness and speed that he’s known for but also some serious vision in the return game. He was able to find the crease in the blocking and take up field quickly. The highlight was his 3rd quarter, 57 yd reception from QB Jerrod Johnson where took the quick pass and sprinted down the field, even breaking a few tackles a long the way. Saying this kid is electric is an understatement. He had his struggles carrying the ball out of the backfield though, going 4 carries for 1 yd but he made his mark in the passing game with his 2 catches for 65 yds and the touchdown.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    You can't tell much from a pre-season game. I'm just glad no one was hurt. Does anyone remember who the stars were last year? Chris Rainey and Baron Batch... Rainey out played Archer having 2 catches for 65 yards. Here is what happened last year:
    Good way to put it in perspective lol

Admittedly, I was just as excited about Rainey (without the added pressure of him being a 3rd round pick)

But I hope they hit on Archer, otherwise they are going to keep trying this until they find one lol
    Last edited by K Train; 08-12-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post

I thought he was real good last year but he got hurt. Hmm! For some reason I did not notice him last night. I will have to go back and watch the game again. DL depth not quite as deep as the LB group. Heyward, Tuitt, McLendon and Thomas. Then a couple or three from the following en a whole bunch will just miss maybe one or two. I bet this is not the case this year.
    es Chadman said " That said, we are going to have some kind of LB group...J Jones, Timmons, Shazier, Worilds, Spence, Williams, Moats & Howard Jones... that's pretty goodwith the .

After I posted it, PFF gave him a +2 higher than all the DL.

I did rewatch the game, and am not surprised at their rating. He got some good reviews from regular posters also. He was the DL that applied the pressure that caused the screwed up lateral on the TD. Comments on him were his quickness.

However, that play occurred early in the 4th Q. On the field were RDE Arnfelt, NT McCullers and LDE N. Williams. Someone pointed out that "was it not unusual for projected final 53 players to get in after supposed camp fodder types?"

Earlier, much earlier Josh Mauro was at RDE Fango? at NT and Ethan Hemer was at LDE. Wonder if that meant anything.

Anyway, there is little doubt that the DL is the most open of all the groups. This next game should sort it out.

Oh, one other thing. Someone referred to Mauro as Josh "By Gosh" Mauro. That was catchy. Does anyone follow his college team and know if that was how he was referred to? If not, and he makes the team. That could catch on.

Personally, I thought that Arnfelt, McCullers, and N. Williams were the other 3 to finalize the DL. But them taking a long look and much earlier at the others made me wonder. We"ll see.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Good way to put it in perspective lol

Admittedly, I was just as excited about Rainey (without the added pressure of him being a 3rd round pick)

But I hope they hit on Archer, otherwise they are going to keep trying this until they find one lol
    True. Pre-season for me is just a way to get guys up to speed and hopefully not get hurt. Most defenses are bland and offenses are vanilla. But it's nice to watch some individual players do well. I just hope he translates to the regular season.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    True. Pre-season for me is just a way to get guys up to speed and hopefully not get hurt. Most defenses are bland and offenses are vanilla. But it's nice to watch some individual players do well. I just hope he translates to the regular season.
    For Archer, I think it will only translate to the regular season if they actually use him like they did in preseason...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is Rainy on any NFL teams ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He was cut by the colts for "horsing around" with a fire extinguisher

Been there, done that

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

are you serious ?