Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 First Impression ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

2014 First Impression ?

Okay Steeler Fans, what is your first impression of what you seen last night ? Will Tomlin have his team ready for the season opener or will this be the fourth season in a row the Steelers lose their first game of the season ? Some say preseason games are junk games but I say " no". These games show the foundation of the teams abilities and quality.

Legend

User Info Menu

I love what I saw, this team is fast and exciting.

Starter

User Info Menu

My first impression,The Steelers are going to be much better at running the ball this season. This Offense has some real play makers and could be something special.Seeing Spence on the field running around,making plays is nothing short of a miracle.

Legend

User Info Menu

Spence had some rock solid hits last night. A disgruntled Vince Williams could find himself behind Spence in the depth chart.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Spence had some rock solid hits last night. A disgruntled Vince Williams could find himself behind Spence in the depth chart.

From what I saw, a lot of ILB's are gonna find themselves behind spence on the depth chart. Also liked the kid from Shephard (Howard Jones). He's gonna be a player. Great find.

Also impressed with Dri Archer. He will be an impact player for us this year. Bruce Gradkowski missed some very easy throws. Not impressed with him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

"We had some positives and had some negatives," Tomlin said after the New York Giants beat the Steelers 20-16 on Saturday night.

"Bottom line is that we didn't win the game. We had some things we can build upon. We can learn and grow. We'll take this as part of the process. But we didn't do enough to win the game and that's the No. 1 goal. I'm less concerned about style points and more about winning. We have to do a better job of winning the game."
    Is Tomlin slow, deceptive or just what? If the #1 goal was to win in the PS, why was Ben only in for 1 series? Obviously, that is NOT the #1 goal in the PS. WTF is this guy talking about? It would be far more accurate to say, "The goal is to develop and evaluate players and we would also like to win in the process." To claim winning was the #1 goal is not true. So why say it? I used to love this guy as HC. Now, I'm not so sure if his act isn't being exposed as kind of fake.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Is Tomlin slow, deceptive or just what? If the #1 goal was to win in the PS, why was Ben only in for 1 series? Obviously, that is NOT the #1 goal in the PS. WTF is this guy talking about? It would be far more accurate to say, "The goal is to develop and evaluate players and we would also like to win in the process." To claim winning was the #1 goal is not true. So why say it? I used to love this guy as HC. Now, I'm not so sure if his act isn't being exposed as kind of fake.
    He wants to win with the guys he is evaluating..

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He wants to win with the guys he is evaluating..
    Wow. What a tough concept...

Legend

User Info Menu

Overall, I felt really good about the Steelers. I think we learned some things. Tuitt is young and will make mistakes but I don't see how you keep him off the field. Spence might make letting Worilds leave next season an easy thought. Archer...he is going to be a phenom. I like the swag Mitchell brings to this D. The running game looked good.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Spence might make letting Worilds leave next season an easy thought.
    I don't understand this statement, since they play different positions. Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    -Spence can be solid back up
    Or maybe starter. He looked pretty good to me. I know everyone is assuming Shazier will get the nod, but what if Spence beats him out? Or do we know that it has already been finally decided?

I haven't seen Shazier at ILB for the Steelers, but now I have seen Spence, and I like what I see.