Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 First Impression ?

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    When Dri made that nice run after the catch, I sat up and yelled "Pop Dat Thang," and my wife asked what that meant. So I played the vid for her and we began dancing around the room singing, "Pop Dat Thang, gonna pop dat thang, pop dat, gonna pop dat thang." I told her how I predicted how Dri was gonna smash it.
    That's a beautiful story, thanks for sharing!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    You are very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I fell asleep and missed the first half on NFLN replay. Glad to hear so many positives, so why did we lose? Seems to me like Gradkowski is not a great backup QB. Nor is Jones.
    I don't understand the love affair some have with Grad. Honestly, Jones is equally bad but at least he still has room to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    It actually brought a tear to my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I don't understand the love affair some have with Grad. Honestly, Jones is equally bad but at least he still has room to grow.
    Grow into what?

People have seen gradkowski play in real NFL games and look competent.

If the team didn't have a 4th invested in Jones he would be lucky to make it out of his second camp. He looks pathetic again.

Spence might make letting Worilds leave next season an easy thought.
    I don't understand this statement, since they play different positions. Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    -Spence can be solid back up
    Or maybe starter. He looked pretty good to me. I know everyone is assuming Shazier will get the nod, but what if Spence beats him out? Or do we know that it has already been finally decided?

I haven't seen Shazier at ILB for the Steelers, but now I have seen Spence, and I like what I see.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I don't understand this statement, since they play different positions. Please explain.

Or maybe starter. He looked pretty good to me. I know everyone is assuming Shazier will get the nod, but what if Spence beats him out? Or do we know that it has already been finally decided?

I haven't seen Shazier at ILB for the Steelers, but now I have seen Spence, and I like what I see.
    That's what I'm thinking as well. Spence is going to see ALOT of reps this year on the Defensive side of the ball. From what I've seen, he's just too good to be on the sideline.

I think what he is talking about is the possibility of Timmons being moved back to OLB and Spence would then start at ILB..... Could be a possibility as it gives them some flexibility IF they decide not to re-sign Worilds. (if he doesn't play well, etc.)
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

he thinks shazier can play OLB

Banned
    It actually brought a tear to my eye.
    We had a real hoot; playing it over and over and over again, dancing the whole time.