Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs Giants

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Bryant had a rough day
    Bryant not playing well shouldn't surprise anyone.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Last week at camp when I first saw Bryant I was not impressed but as the week went on he was staying after practice working on tech ( 45 minutes just on knee bend and plant) running comeback routes. Early in week he had a few cradle catches and catches that still hit his pads but at the end of the week it got quiet with more hand catches and extended hand catches working on catching the point anyway he took some quantum steps and I don't know if it will become special but there is a lot to work with.
    Bryant is like many of our 2014 draft picks in that we have seen some flash and if it all comes together the ceiling is high. He is going to make the final 53 as Moye remains a bit inconsistent and can't release up field when he is pressed. Moye also is no special team star so his value is hurt by that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Last week at camp when I first saw Bryant I was not impressed but as the week went on he was staying after practice working on tech ( 45 minutes just on knee bend and plant) running comeback routes. Early in week he had a few cradle catches and catches that still hit his pads but at the end of the week it got quiet with more hand catches and extended hand catches working on catching the point anyway he took some quantum steps and I don't know if it will become special but there is a lot to work with.
    Bryant is like many of our 2014 draft picks in that we have seen some flash and if it all comes together the ceiling is high. He is going to make the final 53 as Moye remains a bit inconsistent and can't release up field when he is pressed. Moye also is no special team star so his value is hurt by that.
    The question will remain...can he make plays when the bright lights are shining. Sweed put together some really good practices as well. And Moye probably isn't making this team but he made plays when the cameras were on...that says something to me.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The question will remain...can he make plays when the bright lights are shining. Sweed put together some really good practices as well. And Moye probably isn't making this team but he made plays when the cameras were on...that says something to me.
    Excellent question and you are right doing it at Latrobe and in doing it well in games is NOT the same. Three more preseason games to evaluate it. I will be going to the game down in Phily. Looking forward to see if there is some further improvement from early days at camp.

Legend

User Info Menu

Last night, I think I saw:

Offense:
    -Ben will have a great season
    -Bell and Blount will be hard to handle
    -Archer is going to be more exciting than any player we have seen in years
    -Antonio is ready to go already
    -Wheaton can be legit #2 and Bryant's size can create real problems for DBs
    -OL is still work in progress
    -Did we have any TEs playing last night? Didn't see anything
    -Was there even an OL playing when Landry Jones was at QB

Defense:
    -Tuitt is the real deal
    -Maybe, just maybe and hopefully, J Jones did get better
    -Secondary still cause angst, but Mitchell is so much faster than Clark
    -McCullers could be really good, but will take some time
    -Timmons got held in a major way on the 73 yard run--no call
    -Spence can be solid back up

Miscellaneous:
    -Not sure about Wing yet, but his hang time on kicks is going to make it really hard on opponents
    -Bryant shouldn't return punts
    -Teams are already afraid to kick to Archer...lots of out of the end zone kicks coming
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No kidding. He is going to be a disaster, because he has no talent, and the Steelers are going to insist to themselves that he does - will keep going to him until they understand he can't catch, which may be a long while........

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    No kidding. He is going to be a disaster, because he has no talent, and the Steelers are going to insist to themselves that he does - will keep going to him until they understand he can't catch, which may be a long while........
    That's a little harsh isn't it? The guy is raw and needs work,but to say he has no talent?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Adams looks terrible, he cant block anybody
    Which is what I said all along. He has zero chance of ever being a decent OT.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Adams should be on the right...like Max when he started early in his career...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Whimper has fallen off blocks and has spent to much time bending at the waist, needs to move those feet better of he will not b around long.
    He was rated like the worst OT in the NFL but the Steelers love him because he is cheaper than a bottle of Thunder Bird.