Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most locals believe team will be worse than 8-8?

Patriots - WR's and RB's are questionable at best and GRONK is always hurt. Elderman? Dobson? Danny I always get hurt ammadelo or however you spell his name.
    Broncos - Ball having surgery, and Sanders is a downgrade to Decker. Also I think the Seahawks really exposed them and gave a blueprint on how to beat them. Manning can't throw deep any longer!
    Colts - In my opinion this is the team we should be worried about most. Reggie is back and Richardson could really step it up and upgrade this team.
    Bengals - Toughest in our division but having Blount alone will help us beat them.
    Ravens - Offense upgraded but defense is suspect.
    Chargers - We own Phillip Rivers but I can see them winning the West. Chiefs had a weak schedule last year and were a bit overrated.

Steelers - We had Dwyer last year and cheered our butts off everytime he would gain that 1/2 yard. You don't think Blount will be an upgrade to Dwyer? You don't see Bell improved as well? Add in Archer and this entire group is a big upgrade and will make the play action pass actually mean something again in Pittsburgh. The weak WR corp is shaping up to be a very solid group and I'm excited to watch this unfold. I was a huge fan of the Heyward Bay signing and was on record for stating we needed him to be good this year. I now officially EAT my words and having watched this group at training camp I'm stoked and I'm even ok with Bey now being released. OLINE is improved by just having Pouncey back this year but you add in a much improved Gilbert and WOW. DEFENSE: Old and Slow is no more! I loved Ryan Clark but watching him be out of position time after time was frustrating. You add in Worilds who is once again playing for a contract and you have constant QB pressure all season long. You have one angry back up ILB in Williams who is ready to step in anytime. Jarvis might not be great but the kid can make those SPLASH PLAYS from time to time and if we allow a team to drive 60-70 yards before that splash happens who cares as long as it does in fact happen. BIG PLAY WILLIE GAY isn't a shut down corner but he too can make those splash plays from time to time. Tuitt is going improve all year and so will Shazier and Jones.

I see this team easily at 10-6 and playing its best ball at the end of the year. COLTS vs STEELERS in AFC Championship game. Bengals, Broncos, Chargers, and my sleeper playoff team Houston will come a bit short of the big game.

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    I think the Pats are loaded this year, but am probably looking at things through Elvis-shaped glasses. They'll win the AFC East fairly easily.

Do you really think you can beat the Jets, though? After all, every player on their roster is the best at his position in the league. Just ask them.

On a more serious note, I don't know why everyone thinks the Jets have this tremendous defense. Last year they were third in the division in points allowed - had they given up one more FG they would have been last. And that's with the Pats missing Wilfork, Tommy Kelly, and Jerod Mayo for most of the year.

If EJ Manuel progresses faster the Geno Smith then I see the Bills taking 2nd place.
    Pats have been in a very interesting position for the last decade or so in which the regular season is just a tuneup for the post season. They have been a very good team for so long, playing in a division with three weak teams (with the lone exception when the Jets were pretty good for a couple of years). I agree that the Bills have the best chance to become the next number two in the division. They have a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball, and within a couple of years could be a serious team.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    I now officially EAT my words and having watched this group at training camp I'm stoked and I'm even ok with Bey now being released.
    On message boards, you are not allowed to waver from your previously stated opinion even one iota. You must stubbornly hold true to every opinion rendered from now until the end of time! Admitting that you were ever wrong is unheard of!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    On message boards, you are not allowed to waver from your previously stated opinion even one iota. You must stubbornly hold true to every opinion rendered from now until the end of time! Admitting that you were ever wrong is unheard of!
    RobinCole believes the above. He busts my bullocks because, after some research, I came around on the Shazier and Archer picks, as they were off my radar previous to the draft and I didn't know enough about them. It also looks like Tuitt, Bryant and even McCullers could all work out at this point. Is that CB doing anything of note?

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Pats have been in a very interesting position for the last decade or so in which the regular season is just a tuneup for the post season. They have been a very good team for so long, playing in a division with three weak teams (with the lone exception when the Jets were pretty good for a couple of years). I agree that the Bills have the best chance to become the next number two in the division. They have a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball, and within a couple of years could be a serious team.
    Winning percentage per division since 2002:

AFC East: .525
    NFC East: .518
    NFC South: .515
    AFC South: .512
    AFC North: .509
    AFC West: .488
    NFC North: .480
    NFC West: .453
    We'll do the same thing that we always do. We'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis. - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    yah YINZER talk.. they hate the black head coach.. they want him removed... sad really. i've seen them say it many times.
    And I got blasted by people here for noting that yinzers tend to be racist.

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    I always laugh with an Eagle fan buddy of mine when I talk about the number of Steelers fans who seem to "hate" the Steelers. It's amazing how many Steelers fans do nothing but b*tch about the team no matter what happens every week.

Maybe it's the " I can make fun of my brother but you can't" syndrome, but it drives me nuts.
    This mentality settles the debate about whether Pittsburgh is a Northeastern or Midwestern city. (Yes, people have actually debated this.) It's Northeastern. Only in the Northeast do sports fans hate their favorite teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    As the saying goes: there are Steelers fans, there are Pittsburgh fans, and then there are Yinzers.
    Yinzers are terrible ambassadors for Pittsburgh. Thankfully they're all moving out of Allegheny County now, because it's becoming too "colored" for them.
    Last edited by DBR96A; 08-08-2014 at 02:09 AM.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post

This mentality settles the debate about whether Pittsburgh is a Northeastern or Midwestern city. (Yes, people have actually debated this.) It's Northeastern. Only in the Northeast do sports fans hate their favorite teams.

Yinzers are terrible ambassadors for Pittsburgh. Thankfully they're all moving out of Allegheny County now, because it's becoming too "colored" for them.
    Without Yinzers Pittsburgh has no more cultural identity. In fact Yinzers keep Pittsburgh from becoming another Cleveland or Detroit.

Anyone not believing the Pats are stacked haven't been paying attention. The two teams to beat in the AFC are Denver and Pats.

Pro Bowler
    Alls of yinz is being jag offs, nat.

Stop talking sucko abaht Picksburg

Let's chill aht and grab a cole arn. Also, Go Stillers!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post

I agree with everything except Pittsburgh being a NE city. Nope, nah, never...