Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most locals believe team will be worse than 8-8?

I always laugh with an Eagle fan buddy of mine when I talk about the number of Steelers fans who seem to "hate" the Steelers. It's amazing how many Steelers fans do nothing but b*tch about the team no matter what happens every week.

Maybe it's the " I can make fun of my brother but you can't" syndrome, but it drives me nuts.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    A buddy of mine said at his FF draft that all the Steeler fans said they don't even think this team will even be .500 this season. I think he is full of crap, or he just so happens to hang out with pessimistic Burg fans (or he is exaggerating in an attempt to be annoying). Do local Steelers fans hold the opinion that this team will still be a non-winning, non-play off team? I find that unlikely. I think this is an 11-5 type of team, maybe even better.
    I don't see them as true Steeler fans. Just cant imagine Steeler mediocrity at the beginning of the season, esp this year.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler
    Even with some very young guys most likely getting the nod, this schedule is set to give them a 10 win season. 8-8 for a third year would be a failure (barring catastrophic injuries). They were on a tear to end the season and should carry that over and not start with a dismal beginning that forces them to dig out of a hole.

Ben and Coach Haley on the same page (friends even...), some new weapons, added speed on both sides, and hopefully some corners stepping it up. No reason for mediocrity this year.

Hoping for good health this season, keeping Ben clean, then 11 -5 is achievable with this year's team. 6 - 2 in the 2nd half of last season is a positive indicator, and I think this team is improved over last year's squad.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    I always laugh with an Eagle fan buddy of mine when I talk about the number of Steelers fans who seem to "hate" the Steelers. It's amazing how many Steelers fans do nothing but b*tch about the team no matter what happens every week.

Maybe it's the " I can make fun of my brother but you can't" syndrome, but it drives me nuts.
    I've noticed this too. I think I've told the story before about a buddy of mine that griped and whined after the Steelers WON the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I've noticed this too. I think I've told the story before about a buddy of mine that griped and whined after the Steelers WON the SB.
    really, what did he whine about?

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    yah YINZER talk.. they hate the black head coach.. they want him removed... sad really. i've seen them say it many times.
    Well unfortunately for Tomlin if he is 8-8 or less, he will be on the hot seat. IMO, he has two seasons to re-route this ship.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    yah YINZER talk.. they hate the black head coach.. they want him removed... sad really. i've seen them say it many times.

As the saying goes: there are Steelers fans, there are Pittsburgh fans, and then there are Yinzers.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    I think the Pats are loaded this year, but am probably looking at things through Elvis-shaped glasses. They'll win the AFC East fairly easily.

Do you really think you can beat the Jets, though? After all, every player on their roster is the best at his position in the league. Just ask them.

On a more serious note, I don't know why everyone thinks the Jets have this tremendous defense. Last year they were third in the division in points allowed - had they given up one more FG they would have been last. And that's with the Pats missing Wilfork, Tommy Kelly, and Jerod Mayo for most of the year.

If EJ Manuel progresses faster the Geno Smith then I see the Bills taking 2nd place.
    I like the Jets young DL (Wilkerson and Richardson are studs), David Harris is a solid ILB, but the rest of their D is pretty blah. They've taken a big step backward in the secondary from past years for sure.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I like the Jets young DL (Wilkerson and Richardson are studs), David Harris is a solid ILB, but the rest of their D is pretty blah. They've taken a big step backward in the secondary from past years for sure.
    Kendrick Ellis is a mammoth of a man at NT too. Calvin pace and Quinton Coples as rushers, just drafted Calvin Pryor too to team with Landry.

Dee Milliner is their big wildcard because i think they already know Kyle Wilson blows