Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ILB Vince Williams "upset" about team drafting Ryan Shazier

BtW.... i'm not anti Jarvis Jones.
    My point is a vast majority of his sacks in college came from stunts and beating RBs.
    You don't see much of him flat out beating LTs off the edge.
    His motor is disruptive but i am not convinced he's going to be a 15 sack guy.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler
    James Harrison had 16 sacks one year and 10 the two years after that.

Porter had10 in 2000 and 2005 (had one 17 sack year with Miami though)

Hell, Kevin Greene only at 12 and 14 for the steelers

We dont need him to be a sack artist, really thats not his game...his game is going to be setting the edge against the run, generating pressure, and creating turnovers. If he gets something like ~9 sacks, 4 FF, and a pick that is very james harrison-esque stat line and I do think totally achievable for him this year, especially if he plays like he did against cleveland. This defense is going to be generating a lot of pressure all over....that dline can attack, mitchell and troy are fantastic blitzers, and those MLBs make me salivated at the thought of a ILB cross blitz

This team will be 8-8 again if they are generating 30 sacks a season.....but if they get that number back to the 50s, watch out

I think Jarvis Jones turns some heads this season.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think Jarvis Jones turns some heads this season.
    Hopefully he turns the head of the left tackle charged with blocking him...looking back to see Jarvis crushing his QB.

Pro Bowler
    Nice article on Worilds from the Post Gazette:

I think hes next in line to step up, said defensive end Cam Heyward. I think everyone only saw a taste of what hes going to bring this year.

Worilds has been a monster in these first two weeks, has avoided any nagging injuries and has a job he finally can call his own at left outside linebacker.

He shouldnt be right where he left off, he should be better than where he left off, said Keith Butler, who coaches their linebackers. I think hes trying to do that, and were trying to hold him accountable for doing that.

The Steelers can only hope he produces the way he did in the second half of last season, finally free of a wrist injury that required reconstructive surgery and hampered his progress for two seasons. His showing through two weeks of camp has given them reason to believe he will.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201408080107

Pro Bowler
    Id love for him to explode and make me bite my tounge for all the hating ive done on him for the last 4 years....i just see a lot of meh

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    My point is a vast majority of his sacks in college came from stunts and beating RBs.
    Agree 100%. Watch most of his college sacks...high motor and never quits (admirable for him) and eventually gets to the QB if he holds the ball too long. Not what he will see here in the NFL. Seems to lack burst to get around and ability to break contact to get by premier LTs who lock up on him.

I too have been called "anti-Jones" but not true. I hope he is the next Kevin Greene but I am pretty sure he will never come close to producing like Greene or Harrison or Porter. Not even sure he comes close to being the next Jason Worilds.

I pray I'm wrong because if I'm right we have serious defensive issues unless LeBeau gets serious about blitzing Timmons and Shazier...a whole bunch!
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I think Worilds has a big year if healthy but he will benefit from scheme and quality play from other guys in the front 7. Worth 10 mil per? Doubt it.

Rookie LB Mosley stars for Ravens; 49ers' defense and WRs are in transition

Originally Published: August 8, 2014
    By John Clayton | ESPN.com

C.J. Mosley looks to be the real deal: Some were surprised when the Steelers drafted inside linebacker Ryan Shazier in the middle of the first round and the Ravens followed by taking Mosley. Mosley is already showing he's a three-down player and one of the potential key playmakers in the Ravens defense.

He was on the field for only 24 plays, but he was everywhere. He had five tackles, a sack, a tackle for a loss and a quarterback hurry. He can rush from the inside linebacker position. He can pressure a quarterback. He can drop into coverage. Having veteran Daryl Smith next to him, Mosley could emerge as one of the early candidates for defensive rookie of the year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...s-49ers-ravens

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Ok, we get it....Jones isnt all pro, but the bigget thing is he doesnt cost 10 mil to play this year