Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ILB Vince Williams "upset" about team drafting Ryan Shazier

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Based on he actually has gotten sacks unlike "Mr. One Sack" opposite him. Worilds has never had an issue pressuring the QB.
    Worilds has twice as many sacks as a rookie compared to Jarvis. He had two!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Based on he actually has gotten sacks unlike "Mr. One Sack" opposite him. Worilds has never had an issue pressuring the QB.
    Youre right....never had an issue at getting the straight line, unblocked sack. Took him 4 years to start winning matchups on the field, literally...last year was the first time I saw him do anything but run in a straight line. He actually was able to show some pass rush moves and disengage blockers....not sure that makes him a "true OLB".

I cant wait til his bum ass is off the roster. Hes a one year rental because of lack of other options right now. I am much more optimisitc about Jones finishing the year in a must win game with a sack and 9 tackles

Jones had 30 tackles, 1 sack, 4 passes defended, in 14 games as a rookie... Worilds had 12 tackles, 2 sacks, 0 passes def, and played in 14 games.

7 sacks in the final 8 games, ok thats not bad.....but lets pump the brakes on "hes never had a problem" because he had a major problem until the second half of his 4th year. Look back at his 5 sacks in 2012....every single one is unblocked otherwise he was a non factor. Some say "a sack is a sack", but its not.

Worilds is far from impressive and is being way overpaid to play OLB. The thing is we over paid for Woodley and cut him, in doing so, we couldn't afford to lose Worilds.

Numbers aside, explain to me how Worilds was impressive.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Youre right....never had an issue at getting the straight line, unblocked sack. Took him 4 years to start winning matchups on the field, literally...last year was the first time I saw him do anything but run in a straight line. He actually was able to show some pass rush moves and disengage blockers....not sure that makes him a "true OLB".

I cant wait til his bum ass is off the roster. Hes a one year rental because of lack of other options right now. I am much more optimisitc about Jones finishing the year in a must win game with a sack and 9 tackles

Jones had 30 tackles, 1 sack, 4 passes defended, in 14 games as a rookie... Worilds had 12 tackles, 2 sacks, 0 passes def, and played in 14 games.

7 sacks in the final 8 games, ok thats not bad.....but lets pump the brakes on "hes never had a problem" because he had a major problem until the second half of his 4th year. Look back at his 5 sacks in 2012....every single one is unblocked otherwise he was a non factor. Some say "a sack is a sack", but its not.
    Not to pile on, but even of his sacks this year... it wasn't like he was straight whooping folks. IIRC, most came as a result of disguise/confusion.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

Hall of Famer
    Some guys do it one way, some do it another. I don't care as much as if he is holding his own when defending the run.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Worilds beat 2 RB's that barely tried to stop him. He beat Michael Oher who was the worst RT in the game last year and a good LT against New England for a total of 4 sacks.

The other 4 were a result of scheme and luck as they came unblocked. Hardly impressive as Moats or Carter could have recorded all 8 of those sacks. The coaches and GM apparently see something in him or they wouldnt have given him 10 million bucks, I hope.

OK .... we get it. Worilds isn't an All Pro....but imagine if he wasn't on our roster. Who remembers our last game of the season last yr when Worilds was out and we had backup ILBs playing in his spot?? Might as well have played with 10 guys. It was awful.
    I would also challenge a person to show me a Jervis Jones sack in college where he beat a LT off the edge 1 on 1.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    OK .... we get it. Worilds isn't an All Pro....but imagine if he wasn't on our roster. Who remembers our last game of the season last yr when Worilds was out and we had backup ILBs playing in his spot?? Might as well have played with 10 guys. It was awful.
    I would also challenge a person to show me a Jervis Jones sack in college where he beat a LT off the edge 1 on 1.
    Seriously? Jones was a phenom at beating tackles for sacks and tfls. It was what he did best. And really his one lowly sack this year was a sack against joe Thomas. He will be a better and more productive player than worilds. Worilds is getting paid As a rental. They could afford to lose him even though he's expendable

My hope...move Shazier to his natural position...OLB. Start Spence. Then focus on DB in the draft...because these guys are going to get toasted this year unless the Steelers are getting massive pressure upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Seriously? Jones was a phenom at beating tackles for sacks and tfls. It was what he did best. And really his one lowly sack this year was a sack against joe Thomas. He will be a better and more productive player than worilds. Worilds is getting paid As a rental. They could afford to lose him even though he's expendable
    I said SHOW ME his college film beating LTs straight up in college.
    YouTube has all his sacks.... post the video and the time in the video he's beating an LT.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!