Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: ILB Vince Williams "upset" about team drafting Ryan Shazier

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Ha ha okay, that will make me happy too. I see a quality about him that I think in time will bust out.
    Anyone taken in the 6th round who becomes a solid contributor - even if not a starter - is a nice pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

williams plays with intensity

love guys like him

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes, like AB for instance. I think we had two number six picks that year.

Backup

User Info Menu

Well its good to know we probably won't have to LB at every other pick in the draft like it seems we do.
    Lets focus on our secondary now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    LINEBACKERS IN ROTATION
    We could also continue to see wideouts in rotation as well. Thoughout last week's game, Antonio Brown remained in, but pair who entered the game with him in 3 WR sets kept rotating. Sometimes it was Bryant and Heyward-Bey. Other times it was Wheaton and Moore.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    williams plays with intensity

love guys like him
    Williams is everything you want in a back up. He comes in and plays hard and can do well on special teams. As long as he stays in the back up role he is a more valuable contributor than he was as a starter.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Williams is everything you want in a back up. He comes in and plays hard and can do well on special teams. As long as he stays in the back up role he is a more valuable contributor than he was as a starter.
    Exactly. I'm not happy about a LB position that has him or Spence starting, but a rotation of Timmons and Shazier, with Williams and Spence coming in, sounds very solid to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Well its good to know we probably won't have to LB at every other pick in the draft like it seems we do.
    depending on what happens with Worilds, we'll probably have to draft an OLB or two in next year's draft...

Legend

User Info Menu

Williams is the most physical linebacker on this team. But, the guy has little ability in coverage. He is a 2 down back up linebacker at this point. But, I will say this...if the Steelers are getting handled in the trenches I would love to see them insert Williams, Tuitt and Big Mount.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Williams is the most physical linebacker on this team. But, the guy has little ability in coverage. He is a 2 down back up linebacker at this point. But, I will say this...if the Steelers are getting handled in the trenches I would love to see them insert Williams, Tuitt and Big Mount.
    I wouldnt mind some looks with Tuitt, Mcclendon, Mccullers, and Heyward with James, VW, and Shazier as the 3 LBs