Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ILB Vince Williams "upset" about team drafting Ryan Shazier

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    BtW.... i'm not anti Jarvis Jones.

His motor is disruptive but i am not convinced he's going to be a 15 sack guy.
    and how many NFL defenders get 15 sacks a year?

Rookie

User Info Menu

If JJ can get 8 sacks and Worilds can do the same, I will be happy....

Combined with the pressure from Timmons and Heyward...and, hopefully, Shazier and Tuitt, pressure shouldn't be an issue...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

Combined with the pressure from Timmons and Heyward...and, hopefully, Shazier and Tuitt, pressure shouldn't be an issue...
    I'd be ecstatic if that happened. But what I'm more interested in is consistent pressure forcing turnovers.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought Vince Williams, Sean Spence and Shamarko Thomas were the defensive standouts versus the Giants...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Rookie LB Mosley stars for Ravens; 49ers' defense and WRs are in transition

Originally Published: August 8, 2014
    By John Clayton | ESPN.com

C.J. Mosley looks to be the real deal: Some were surprised when the Steelers drafted inside linebacker Ryan Shazier in the middle of the first round and the Ravens followed by taking Mosley. Mosley is already showing he's a three-down player and one of the potential key playmakers in the Ravens defense.

He was on the field for only 24 plays, but he was everywhere. He had five tackles, a sack, a tackle for a loss and a quarterback hurry. He can rush from the inside linebacker position. He can pressure a quarterback. He can drop into coverage. Having veteran Daryl Smith next to him, Mosley could emerge as one of the early candidates for defensive rookie of the year.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp14/story/_/id/11326747/john-clayton-five-observations-49ers-ravens[/URL]
    I think both guys are going to be special. I liked Mosley a little more before the draft. But, I have since changed my mind. I like what I am hearing about Shazier and as previously said...he does have the higher ceiling based upon pure physical skill.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that is the level we should expect from JJ. He is more Clark Haggans than James Harrison/Kevin Greene/Joey Porter. Not sure he is ever double digit sack guy

Need to get Shazier and Timmons more involved in blitzes versus predictable OLB rushes.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think that is the level we should expect from JJ. He is more Clark Haggans than James Harrison/Kevin Greene/Joey Porter. Not sure he is ever double digit sack guy

Need to get Shazier and Timmons more involved in blitzes versus predictable OLB rushes.
    If he can produce 9 sacks, he will be at Joey Porter level...

Joey recorded double digit sacks in three seasons as a starter...he had just as many seasons with fewer than 6 sacks as a starter...

Legend

User Info Menu

me too, it was nice seeing JJ get that sack. hopefully it will give him some confidence moving forward...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Jones' 40 time didn't seem all that important right there....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Making any sort of judgement on Jones at this point is a little ridiculous. He is just now entering his second season and hes already being labeled. Its ridiculous. Let's see what the dude does this year before we start comparing him to anyone.