Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ILB Vince Williams "upset" about team drafting Ryan Shazier

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    i think moats may be more than that

i feel good about him, looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table
    I agree with Eddie. Moats is a decent signing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The "Crazy Eyes" picture made me think less of him for some reason...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Guys Vince Williams is too limited to play in todays NFL. The writer speaks of loyalty...come on. It's about winning. Williams wasn't good enough...if he was he would be starting. They are trying to put packages together that allows them to play against no huddle...guys who can cover and thump. Hence the reason Spence is the #2. Williams would have been a decent ILB a decade or two ago...now? He is a guy who can fill in...in a pinch.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Williams will be a "role" player. He will make his living on ST, goaline, & short yardage. He can stick on a roster as a spot starter. He's the type of LB an OC attacks in his gameplan. There's no place to hide in football...No right field. Love the fire & passion though. He needs to work hard at his role & continue to get better at his position. He will be limited at LB....But there is room for a guy like that with the ILB depth chart in front of him.

Legend

User Info Menu

If either of our do-it-all three-down ILB's Timmons or Shazier go down, there won't be just one guy replacing him. It will likely be Vince Williams getting the early down work, and Sean Spence on passing downs.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If either of our do-it-all three-down ILB's Timmons or Shazier go down, there won't be just one guy replacing him. It will likely be Vince Williams getting the early down work, and Sean Spence on passing downs.
    I think VW is the primary backup to Timmons at the Buck LB, while Spence is primary backup to Shazier at the Mack. For example, if Shazier can't go this wknd, I think Spence will start next to Timmons, rather than move Timmons back to the Mack and start VW at the Buck.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    I think VW is the primary backup to Timmons at the Buck LB, while Spence is primary backup to Shazier at the Mack. For example, if Shazier can't go this wknd, I think Spence will start next to Timmons, rather than move Timmons back to the Mack and start VW at the Buck.
    Hes got the right idea though, that might be how it is listed at the end of the day but if either starter went down I think those two would rotate situationally until one takes control of the job

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers have 1 true OLB on the roster. Worilds. The rest are ILBs or 4-3 OLBs at best.
    JJ is the only exception but has yet to prove it.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    The Steelers have 1 true OLB on the roster. Worilds. The rest are ILBs or 4-3 OLBs at best.
    JJ is the only exception but has yet to prove it.
    lol Worilds. Based on what? His size?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol Worilds. Based on what? His size?
    Based on he actually has gotten sacks unlike "Mr. One Sack" opposite him. Worilds has never had an issue pressuring the QB.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"