Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: LeBeau: We are preparing for Manziel week 1

  1. #11
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Pappy, it appears SN is no longer. Most recent home page lists schedule for 2010. And when you click on specific forums, it doesn't take you any where. On an aside, DL's past insistence of a disdain for young players went too far, but most of us in that camp exaggerate to make a point, which is not uncommon. But I don't buy his ego-driven position that his system is just far too complex for young players. It's football, not brain surgery.
    It's not just Lebeau.. the other coaches on defense feel the same way.. As does the defensive minded Tomlin.. We never had to play the rookies early before..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yes, I updated the title of the post since you apparently forgot how to spell the DC name. I'm not sure why you or others are calling him that but it's annoying so stop it.
    Thank you very much. The man deserves high respect.



    Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.



  3. #13
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    This has to be some kind of new record for Nazi censorship. I playfully misspell the DC's name, and here comes the mod to tell me I am not allowed to playfully misspell a name. Wow. A little uptight maybe? The reason I misspell that way is due to the following:

    A.) His name is weird and too hard to remember. We aren't in France. Get a normal name. Is it Leabuea? LeBaue? LeBuea? It's too screwed up to remember.

    B.) His stuck-in-his-ways MO and ego makes him have in inappropriate disdain for rookies, causing us to not get enough playing time from way too many players. He wants everyone to think his FOOTBALL game plan is so super complex that no human being can absorb it sooner than 3 years, because, after all, he is a genius so his plans must be impossible to grasp for any human being any sooner than 3 years. Thankfully, Rooney stuck his wingtip where the sun don't shine and FORCED him to operate outside the realm of the 1970's like everyone else. Thank God for Rooney laying down the law, or we'd still see no young players on the field. Had Dicky had his way, Jarvis Jones would have had no playing time to develop last season, and we'd still be looking at a totally raw player, instead of a player ready to explode in 2014. Had Dicky had his way, Shazier wouldn't be on the field other than special teams this season. Keep it up, Art 2. We need you wielding that wingtip.

    I have never seen a mod dictate that one cannot playfully - and CLEANLY - misspell someone's name.
    Like, for example, Sick Beats ?



    Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.



  4. #14
    This is a privately owned website, not the government's. The owners and authorized administrators can set whatever rules they want. They have the right to run the site as they see fit. It's not Nazi-ism. Anybody who doesn't like it here can leave without consequences.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    It's not just Lebeau.. the other coaches on defense feel the same way.. As does the defensive minded Tomlin.. We never had to play the rookies early before..
    The other coaches feel that way because he is their leader. They buy into the whole "he is a guru" thing so of course they agree with him, after all, he is a genius and they are just mortal men.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Like, for example, Sick Beats ?
    So you can't differentiate between an Internet message board name, and a real last name? OK, DUKIEBOY. LMAO.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    This is a privately owned website, not the government's. .
    Whoever said it was? I smell a straw man argument.

  8. #18
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,652
    You know enough about the Steelers to know exactly how LeBeau's name is spelled. No one is buying the fact that your mis-spelling of Lebeau was some typo or honest misspelling. You are doing it in spite. If you don't know how to spell Lebeau, then look it up or try reviewing one of the thousands of posts here that have his name spelled correctly. Worst case scenario, try googling... something like "Steelers Defensive Coordinator". I bet that might yield a few results that have Dick Lebeau's name spelled correctly.

    Also, for those that follow Planet Steelers on Facebook or Twitter, new threads (not posts) in the 'Steelers Talk' forum get auto-posted to those social media sites automatically. That is about 500 combined followers. Having a thread like the one you posted makes this site look incompetent and presents a bad image for everyone involved including all members. That includes you. I'm not saying the thread has to be positive. I like being critical of the players and coaches and I like the difference of options. I have no problem with that. I don't like that someone is being disrespectful and continuing to post (and create a brand new thread) with a word that they were asked nicely, not to use.

  9. #19
    Something to consider if it bothers members...change the filter. LeBoo is now a "curse word" which automatically converts to LeBeau. Just a thought.

  10. #20
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Something to consider if it bothers members...change the filter. LeBoo is now a "curse word" which automatically converts to LeBeau. Just a thought.
    It is a thought, but the fact that we would even have to consider it is beyond anything I can comprehend. You may not agree with D1ck Lebeau's defensive philosophy, but to be disrespectful of a man that has spent 50 years in the NFL and has the utmost respect for friends, family, players and strangers is beyond pale and as you can tell won't be tolerated by the owner of the board. I don't blame him one bit.

    This shouldn't even be a debate, period.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •