Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LeBeau: We are preparing for Manziel week 1

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Something to consider if it bothers members...change the filter. LeBoo is now a "curse word" which automatically converts to LeBeau. Just a thought.
    Or Wicker Basket.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

sick beats, I know you're well aware this is not a government-run website. But you did immediately play the "Nazi censorship" card, which is not relevant to a privately-owned site and in fact is over-the-top. No straw man there.

The real deception was your pretense that you were just being playful. The administrator neatly demolished that baloney.

Have a nice day.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    It is a thought, but the fact that we would even have to consider it is beyond anything I can comprehend. You may not agree with D1ck Lebeau's defensive philosophy, but to be disrespectful of a man that has spent 50 years in the NFL and has the utmost respect for friends, family, players and strangers is beyond pale and as you can tell won't be tolerated by the owner of the board. I don't blame him one bit.

This shouldn't even be a debate, period.

Pappy
    Yeah well not sure I see it that way. John has every right to do with his board as he pleases. But, I don't get all the excitement. We have a tendency here to jump on a bandwagon when someone doesn't fit a certain profile of poster that we like to see here. You will have multiple members attacking said member...yet they are safe. I could probably pull up over a hundred personal insults from "quality posters" who have found a new whipping boy...making mountains out of mole hills. I personally could care less what he calls LeBeau. I am guilty of having a bit of fun with him from time to time. But, for me a quality poster is someone who brings good debate but also handles disagreement and less agreeable posters well. In that area many of us have work to do.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah well not sure I see it that way. John has every right to do with his board as he pleases. But, I don't get all the excitement. We have a tendency here to jump on a bandwagon when someone doesn't fit a certain profile of poster that we like to see here. You will have multiple members attacking said member...yet they are safe. I could probably pull up over a hundred personal insults from "quality posters" who have found a new whipping boy...making mountains out of mole hills. I personally could care less what he calls LeBeau. I am guilty of having a bit of fun with him from time to time. But, for me a quality poster is someone who brings good debate but also handles disagreement and less agreeable posters well. In that area many of us have work to do.
    What don't you see "that way"
    That D1ck Lebeau is respected?
    That D1ck Lebeau has the utmost respect for people, all people?
    That I can't comprehend someone purposely mangling D1ck LeBeau's name?
    That D1ck LeBeau has been around the NFL for 50 years?
    That this behavior won't be tolerated by the owner?
    That I agree with the owner that it should stop?

I'm not sure what you don't see "that way" This seems like a lesson that I may have learned in Kindergarten, to treat others the way you would want to be treated. It's a very easy concept to understand.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    you did immediately play the "Nazi censorship" card
    Godwin's law once again.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

sick beats, I know you're well aware this is not a government-run website. But you did immediately play the "Nazi censorship" card, which is not relevant to a privately-owned site and in fact is over-the-top. No straw man there.
    I am sure you are well aware how and when the "Nazi" card is used. It is usually applied when someone acts in an over-zealous, extreme and/or a police state type of manner. When one is admonished for misspelling a person's name, in a playful - and not even on a ribald level - the term "Nazi" seems perfectly applicable. I refer to him as "LeBoo." I bet no one can even tell me what is disrespectful about it. It doesn't even have a meaning. If I was referring to him, as, something like Dick He-d, you would have a much stronger point, but I am not. Being didactically chided for such a tame phrase as "LeBoo" I'd say someone might want to look to decrease their coffee consumption or up the mellow meds. Dicky isn't a Christ. He's just a football coach.

The real deception was your pretense that you were just being playful. The administrator neatly demolished that baloney.
    LOL. If you say so. I must have missed that part. The fact that grown men (assuming on that) are didactically reprimanding others for using the term as tame as "LeBoo" is humorous, to say the least, and perhaps telling and kind of preposterous in the bigger picture. "Don't you dare spell a coach's name incorrectly in a playful manner! Come on everyone; grab your pitch forks - he spelled our DC's name incorrectly!"

Now I am really going to enrage you all! How about our QB? RothlisHAMBURGER!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Godwin's law once again.
    Hey guess what? Sometimes (like now), the reference to Nazis is perfectly valid and appropriate. Just because you discovered a fun little phrase doesn't invalidate every single usage of the term. I know you would like to think it does, but alas, it does not. Being didactically admonished for a term as tame as "LeBoo" is a perfect application for the Nazi card. But, take your new little phrase and go play outside.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    What don't you see "that way"
    That D1ck Lebeau is respected?
    That D1ck Lebeau has the utmost respect for people, all people?
    That I can't comprehend someone purposely mangling D1ck LeBeau's name?
    That D1ck LeBeau has been around the NFL for 50 years?
    That this behavior won't be tolerated by the owner?
    That I agree with the owner that it should stop?

I'm not sure what you don't see "that way" This seems like a lesson that I may have learned in Kindergarten, to treat others the way you would want to be treated. It's a very easy concept to understand.

Pappy
    OK, I am just checking here, but you _DO_ know this is an Internet message board, right? And I am pretty sure you understand that Dicky doesn't read this site? And that by playfully misspelling his name is not an act that will reach him, anger him, disappoint him in any way, right? And, you _DO_ realize that the same people chiding me over the spelling have personally mangled by screen name on numerous occasions? There is a special brand of hypocrisy floating in the air. I think, maybe, just maybe, some take this all a little too seriously. I am not sure I have seen such a didactic approach over something so trivial.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Hey guess what? Sometimes (like now), the reference to Nazis is perfectly valid and appropriate. Just because you discovered a fun little phrase doesn't invalidate every single usage of the term. I know you would like to think it does, but alas, it does not. Being didactically admonished for a term as tame as "LeBoo" is a perfect application for the Nazi card. But, take your new little phrase and go play outside.
    Like I said, new threads get posted to over 500+ social media followers. When that thread showed up on Twitter and Facebook, it had the misspelling which was done on purpose. Misspellings, spam, and stuff like that happen.... This site and your post is linked to those social media outlets. Not only did you poorly represent yourself, you poorly represented this site. In addition to that, you specifically posted that in spite of myself and Ruthless asking you not to. I'm asking you to have respect for this site, the mods and yourself. Outside of the disrespect for Lebeau, you poorly represented this site and that I obviously have a problem will. I could care less what you call me with some stupid Nazi analogy. Regardless, my position is not open for negotiation because I care how this site is represented to 500+ followers. Yeah, very Nazi-like, I know.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Godwin's law once again.
    lol ^^^^^

good catch