Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Wing and a prayer

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A Wing and a prayer

[url]http://www.jsonline.com/sports/nfl-ponders-punters-future-rt9i5hp-204603711.html[/url]

I had no idea this guy had so much baggage. I really don't care, if he can control himself enough to not get suspended, flagged or whatnot. It appears he has a booming leg, but, my word, I have never seen a punter with this much baggage in my life.

He has it all (bad activity wise): Got busted for drugs, seems very selfish/self promotional and even got busted for assault. I am shocked Pgh even looked at him.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't see why the Steelers wouldn't look at a guy they didn't have to draft. Why not give the guy a shot? He screws up, cut him and make him a cautionary tale to others. I like it.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I don't see why the Steelers wouldn't look at a guy they didn't have to draft. Why not give the guy a shot? He screws up, cut him and make him a cautionary tale to others. I like it.

You know what I like? Having someone on the team with a strong leg.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Jeff Reed of the drop kick
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wanted Brad Wing in the draft the year he came into the NFL...now that he's been cut by..I think...2 teams..? That should be a red flag if he has issues (on or off the field). I do agree though, I like a punter that has a strong leg. Give him a chance and cut him if problems continue..as mentioned.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    You know what I like? Having someone on the team with a strong leg.
    Yes. Just keep him out of Sheetz.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I had him as the best draftable punter since sepulveda. Not surprised he went undrafted though

Legend

User Info Menu

What has he done wrong since he joined the Steelers. Some guys just need a turning point in their life and change. He got married and now has a kid. Maybe the light went on and he becomes a solid citizen. That article is over a year old and cites incidents that happened in 2011.

I trust if he misbehaves the Steelers will dump him quickly and he probably knows that.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 08-05-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    What has he done wrong since he joined the Steelers. Some guys just need a turning point in their life and change. He got married and now has a kid. Maybe the light went on and he becomes a solid citizen.
    He really hasn't had a chance to screw up with the Steelers yet. He has a self-destructive personality; I doubt he makes it through the season if he is the punter the Steelers opt for during camp. I think the Steelers are simply using him to try and get Podlesh to assert himself and punt well enough to be a viable option, that's just me though. Podlesh, obviously, needs to get on the field, otherwise Wing will win by default. He'll pull a Jeff Reed before the season is over.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    He really hasn't had a chance to screw up with the Steelers yet. He has a self-destructive personality; I doubt he makes it through the season if he is the punter the Steelers opt for during camp. I think the Steelers are simply using him to try and get Podlesh to assert himself and punt well enough to be a viable option, that's just me though. Podlesh, obviously, needs to get on the field, otherwise Wing will win by default. He'll pull a Jeff Reed before the season is over.

Pappy
    I'll give Wing a chance to prove himself. Podlesh will be available, however he is anot an improvement to our punting woes. Wing could be.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"