Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Wing and a prayer

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Finding punters in the middle of the season has not worked out for them. We were 2nd to last in net punting yards last year. We were nearly a whopping 10 yards less avg. than the leading punter. That is truly loco.
    Right but Podlesh was one of the worst punters in the league last season...if they rolle the dice on wing and it doesnt work out, at least they tried to find someone better than bottom 5 rather than just comiting to a bottom 5 guy out of the gate

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    All I'm saying is I don't believe the Steelers will allow a punter or kicker to become any type of distraction, they'll cut bait and find another. Jeff Reed became a distraction and was probably his undoing as a Steeler.

Pappy
    missing chip shots did Jeff Reed in...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Right but Podlesh was one of the worst punters in the league last season...if they rolle the dice on wing and it doesnt work out, at least they tried to find someone better than bottom 5 rather than just comiting to a bottom 5 guy out of the gate
    And if Wing is wack, we will be right back to scrambling and end up with crap like the last few years.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And if Wing is wack, we will be right back to scrambling and end up with crap like the last few years.
    I dont understand the difference between that and going with podlesh

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I dont understand the difference between that and going with podlesh
    If we end up 31st in net punting, there is no difference.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    missing chip shots did Jeff Reed in...
    Plus throwing the Steelers contract offer back in their face. They do not forget that. Ask Mike Wallace.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Ray Lewis was a murderer and then became the NFL's poster boy. Nothing Wing has ever done will exceed that.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Ray Lewis was a murderer and then became the NFL's poster boy. Nothing Wing has ever done will exceed that.
    That's only if Wing changes his behavior moving forward. Ray changed his whole way of life after he got in trouble. Wing has had chances to clean up his act and it appears he hasn't up to this point. Apparently, he comes across as a grade A ass in interviews, etc. - just an arrogant jerk from what coaches say. His tude was so awful, LSU told him to beat it with 2 years of eligibility left. Unheard of. I, for one, hope he works out, because he has a monster, beast-mode leg.

Legend

User Info Menu

That's only if Wing changes his behavior moving forward. Ray changed his whole way of life after he got in trouble. Wing has had chances to clean up his act and it appears he hasn't up to this point. Apparently, he comes across as a grade A ass in interviews, etc. - just an arrogant jerk from what coaches say. His tude was so awful, LSU told him to beat it with 2 years of eligibility left. Unheard of. I, for one, hope he works out, because he has a monster, beast-mode leg.
    You do realize that most of this happened 2-3 years ago?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You do realize that most of this happened 2-3 years ago?
    I do realize MUCH of it happened 2-3 years ago, but I also realize no NFL team wanted him, even though he has a beast mode leg. So, it makes me wonder if he is just too much of a jerk, even if he isn't beating anyone up or doing drugs. I hope he has grown up enough to make it. I would love a punter who actually can boom the crap out of the ball. It would be a nice change.