Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: A Wing and a prayer

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,144

    A Wing and a prayer

    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/nfl-p...204603711.html

    I had no idea this guy had so much baggage. I really don't care, if he can control himself enough to not get suspended, flagged or whatnot. It appears he has a booming leg, but, my word, I have never seen a punter with this much baggage in my life.

    He has it all (bad activity wise): Got busted for drugs, seems very selfish/self promotional and even got busted for assault. I am shocked Pgh even looked at him.

  2. #2
    I don't see why the Steelers wouldn't look at a guy they didn't have to draft. Why not give the guy a shot? He screws up, cut him and make him a cautionary tale to others. I like it.
    2015 NFL Draft
    1) O. Odighizuwa-OLB
    2) Jalen Collins-DB
    3) TJ Yeldon-RB
    4) Jeff Heuerman-TE
    5) Adrian Amos-FS
    6) Kyle Emmanuel-OLB
    6) Antwan Goodley-WR
    7) Shane Carden-QB

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I don't see why the Steelers wouldn't look at a guy they didn't have to draft. Why not give the guy a shot? He screws up, cut him and make him a cautionary tale to others. I like it.

    You know what I like? Having someone on the team with a strong leg.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,328
    The Jeff Reed of the drop kick

  5. #5
    Starter Rara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    694
    I wanted Brad Wing in the draft the year he came into the NFL...now that he's been cut by..I think...2 teams..? That should be a red flag if he has issues (on or off the field). I do agree though, I like a punter that has a strong leg. Give him a chance and cut him if problems continue..as mentioned.
    Team needs: CB, S, OLB

    Rara's 2015 NFL Mock Draft
    Round 1- Marcus Peters, CB; Washington
    Round 2- Clive Walford, TE; Miami (FL)
    Round 3- Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB; Louisville
    Round 4- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB; Oregon
    Round 5- Sean Hickey, OT; Syracuse
    Round 6a- Anthony Jefferson, SS; UCLA
    Round 6b- Kyle Loomis, P; Portland State
    Round 7- Devante Davis, WR; UNLV

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,292
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    You know what I like? Having someone on the team with a strong leg.
    Yes. Just keep him out of Sheetz.



    Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.



  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,616
    I had him as the best draftable punter since sepulveda. Not surprised he went undrafted though

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,297
    What has he done wrong since he joined the Steelers. Some guys just need a turning point in their life and change. He got married and now has a kid. Maybe the light went on and he becomes a solid citizen. That article is over a year old and cites incidents that happened in 2011.

    I trust if he misbehaves the Steelers will dump him quickly and he probably knows that.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 08-05-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #9
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    What has he done wrong since he joined the Steelers. Some guys just need a turning point in their life and change. He got married and now has a kid. Maybe the light went on and he becomes a solid citizen.
    He really hasn't had a chance to screw up with the Steelers yet. He has a self-destructive personality; I doubt he makes it through the season if he is the punter the Steelers opt for during camp. I think the Steelers are simply using him to try and get Podlesh to assert himself and punt well enough to be a viable option, that's just me though. Podlesh, obviously, needs to get on the field, otherwise Wing will win by default. He'll pull a Jeff Reed before the season is over.

    Pappy


    1.22) Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE, UCLA
    2.56) Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami (OH)
    3.87) Ben Koyack, TE, ND
    4.120) Kurtis Drummond, FS, MSU
    5.152) David Johnson, RB, North Iowa
    6.183) Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon St.
    7.214) Lynden Trail, OLB, Norfolk St.

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,297
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    He really hasn't had a chance to screw up with the Steelers yet. He has a self-destructive personality; I doubt he makes it through the season if he is the punter the Steelers opt for during camp. I think the Steelers are simply using him to try and get Podlesh to assert himself and punt well enough to be a viable option, that's just me though. Podlesh, obviously, needs to get on the field, otherwise Wing will win by default. He'll pull a Jeff Reed before the season is over.

    Pappy
    I'll give Wing a chance to prove himself. Podlesh will be available, however he is anot an improvement to our punting woes. Wing could be.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •