Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Great Discussion on 970 ESPN on OL

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Anyways, it's good to see that there has been improvement by Gilbert!
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Gilbert is naturally going to play for a contract this year....
    My concern is, he gets the nice contract and its back to slacking. It's hard for me to trust that a guy who hasn't shown a lot of drive until this offseason is going to now sustain it for the duration of a new contract. Hope I'm wrong, but for me, it's easy to see him pulling a Woodley.

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Agreed.


    My concern is, he gets the nice contract and its back to slacking. It's hard for me to trust that a guy who hasn't shown a lot of drive until this offseason is going to now sustain it for the duration of a new contract. Hope I'm wrong, but it's easy to see him pulling a Woodley.
    He definitely wont be seeing that kind of money.

    He seems to have matured as a player and as a person....woodley, was damn near unblockable as a rookie and had some great production for a few years and ended up getting lazy.

    Gilbert has been very up and down, but he looks like a grown man now rather than a 21 year old who is lost on the field

    Again, looks...we still have to see all this improvement on the field

  3. #13
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,331
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    There's a pic of my buddy Will Simmons--- #65. Would like to see him make the PS. He's a good OG/OT. Can play multiple positions...
    I hear he got into a scuffle with Cam Thomas, though. Better hope that his dorm room bed isn't set on fire while he is sleeping in it, and he doesn't get thrown off a moving team bus on the way to the game.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,462
    If Munchak can't make a starting NFL caliber lineman out of Adams then he won't be here long. He has no versatility. A guy like Johnson...Who has been looking good in camp....Will unseat him. I don't think it happens in '14 but if they make a commitment to Gilbert...The seat gets hotter.



  5. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,434
    Gilbert has never been as bad as so many of you want to portray. At the end of last season, DeCastro and Gilbert were doing a very good job on the right side.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,538
    Ive always thought he was ok, but not long term deal good....they will have to pay him oher money i would assume

  7. #17
    I've always thought he mostly sucked, except for a few stretches of fair/average play.

  8. #18
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,331
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Ive always thought he was ok, but not long term deal good....they will have to pay him oher money i would assume
    Why would we want to overpay Gilbert just because Tennessee decided to overpay the sucktastic Oher? Gilbert doesn't even have a Sandra Bullock movie about him (unless you count "Gravity" when Gilbert gets big enough to exert his own gravitational pull).

    Ooh, wait. This Sandy Bullock game is fun. Dri Archer would be "Speed." David DeCastro could be "Demolition Man." We've got "Two Weeks Notice" for all of the camp fodder as we approach roster cutdown day. And of course, there is always "Crash" which of course could only go to Ben Roethlisberger.

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,434
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Why would we want to overpay Gilbert just because Tennessee decided to overpay the sucktastic Oher? Gilbert doesn't even have a Sandra Bullock movie about him (unless you count "Gravity" when Gilbert gets big enough to exert his own gravitational pull).

    Ooh, wait. This Sandy Bullock game is fun. Dri Archer would be "Speed." David DeCastro could be "Demolition Man." We've got "Two Weeks Notice" for all of the camp fodder as we approach roster cutdown day. And of course, there is always "Crash" which of course could only go to Ben Roethlisberger.
    Way too much free time on your hands.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Why would we want to overpay Gilbert just because Tennessee decided to overpay the sucktastic Oher? Gilbert doesn't even have a Sandra Bullock movie about him (unless you count "Gravity" when Gilbert gets big enough to exert his own gravitational pull).

    Ooh, wait. This Sandy Bullock game is fun. Dri Archer would be "Speed." David DeCastro could be "Demolition Man." We've got "Two Weeks Notice" for all of the camp fodder as we approach roster cutdown day. And of course, there is always "Crash" which of course could only go to Ben Roethlisberger.
    Creative post, but the market value for a starting RT is now about 5-5.5million/year. Guys like Loadholt and Anthony Davis are making 6-7million

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •