Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 104

Thread: Wexell: STEELERS ECSTATIC ABOUT TUITT

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    regardless, woodley has been in a slow decline since 2009 (can you believe he had 62 tackles that year!!). he played his best when Harrison was on the other side.
    Woodley generated DMVP talk ONCE IN HIS CAREER.
    It was the first half of 2011, RIGHT AFTER he signed his contract.
    He had THREE STRAIGHT games with 2 sacks before he got hurt in week 8.

    BTW Harrison WAS INJURED during that exact same stretch.

    Four games leading up to Woodleys injury in week 8 2011 all of which a Harrison missed go like this:
    1.5 sacks
    2 sacks
    2 sacks
    2 sacks

    Do a Google search for articles about Woodley during that time. He was never better.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-11-2014 at 10:23 AM.

  2. #42
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,625
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    This is it exactly, i was thinking damn Tuitt looks like a ginormous linebacker more than a dlineman
    We know a thing or two about ginormous linebackers.


  3. #43
    Kirkland looks bigger than Tuitt...lol.

  4. #44
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Kirkland looks bigger than Tuitt...lol.
    No he doesn't, just keeping up the 10 year consistency.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    No he doesn't, just keeping up the 10 year consistency.

    Pappy
    I wouldn't have it any other way.

  6. #46
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Woodley generated DMVP talk ONCE IN HIS CAREER.
    It was the first half of 2011, RIGHT AFTER he signed his contract.
    He had THREE STRAIGHT games with 2 sacks before he got hurt in week 8.

    BTW Harrison WAS INJURED during that exact same stretch.

    Four games leading up to Woodleys injury in week 8 2011 all of which a Harrison missed go like this:
    1.5 sacks
    2 sacks
    2 sacks
    2 sacks

    Do a Google search for articles about Woodley during that time. He was never better.
    Last I checked a season is 16 games. Like I said, his season productivity has declined since 2009.
    Yes. Injuries happen, but some are injured more often than others. Some say it was because of how the Steelers were asking Woodley to play. We'll see this season when he is put into a more conventional role.

  7. #47
    Woodley's injury in 2011 occurred in the New England game, in the second half, IIRC. He had already sacked Brady twice and was closing in untouched for a third when his hamstring tore and he went down like he'd been shot. I don't think it had to do with how they used him. Anyway, that was pretty much it for the season. He tried to play against Denver in the playoff and was ineffective. The next two years...well, you know the story. But I agree, in 2011 he was never better until that one play in the NE game.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Last I checked a season is 16 games. Like I said, his season productivity has declined since 2009.
    Yes. Injuries happen, but some are injured more often than others. Some say it was because of how the Steelers were asking Woodley to play. We'll see this season when he is put into a more conventional role.
    Last I checked you made no mention of "season" in your original post.
    You said his "play" has been declining since 2009.
    The best "play" of his career was in 2011 before his injury.

    Heck you said his best play was with Harrison and he had 7.5 sacks in 4 games with Harrison out that year. That is the biggest sack tear in his career the exact opposite of your contention.

    My friend just admit you didn't recall his 2011 season that well before your comments. It happens.

  9. #49
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Last I checked you made no mention of "season" in your original post.
    You said his "play" has been declining since 2009.
    The best "play" of his career was in 2011 before his injury.

    Heck you said his best play was with Harrison and he had 7.5 sacks in 4 games with Harrison out that year. That is the biggest sack tear in his career the exact opposite of your contention.

    My friend just admit you didn't recall his 2011 season that well before your comments. It happens.
    Umm, ok, if sacks are the only measure of great play, you win. carving up the season into bits.....

    In 2009, playing opposite Harrison, Woodley had 11.5 sacks + 36 tackles in 8 games and 6 sacks + 18 tackles in 4 games.

    In 2011, Woodley had 7.5 sacks in 4 games + 13 tackles.

  10. #50
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,421
    Tuitt: 'I am tough on myself'

    Teresa Varley
    Steelers.com

    Rookie DE Stephon Tuitt is beyond his own worst critic.

    It’s one thing to be your own worst critic, but rookie defensive end Stephon Tuitt is downright brutal when it comes to critiquing himself.

    Tuitt won’t give himself credit for his growth and development during the preseason, something coaches and teammates have seen, but instead stresses the need to continue improving.

    “I am tough on myself,” said Tuitt. “I want to be better for the team. I want to do the things the team wants me to do. I am still learning.”

    Of course he is still learning. He is a rookie, still just getting his feet wet playing in only three preseason games so far. It’s going to take time, and patience.

    “It’s an ongoing process,” said defensive end Cam Heyward. “He is young. He is 21-years old. He is going to make some mistakes. We are working on it. He is a heck of a player.

    “He just has to keep plugging along and learn what he is doing out there. I know right now it probably seems like Spanish to him, but soon he’ll be able to conjugate and do it. I am expecting a lot from him. He will continue to grow throughout the year. We want that. If he was satisfied right now it would be a big problem. But I am happy with where he is going.”

    The team has high hopes for Tuitt, selected in the second-round out of Notre Dame this year, and he hasn’t disappointed so far. He is learning each week, and improving each week, but there are still steps to take.

    “He has cut out his mental mistakes,” said assistant head coach/defensive line coach John Mitchell. “He is using his hands better, he is staying square. The thing he has to do is fight through when he gets a little tired. This isn’t Notre Dame; he is going to get tired.

    “He has to play. That is the thing right now, before you become a complete ball player, and he is doing a lot of good things, is fighting through.”

    Through three preseason games Tuitt has eight tackles and one quarterback pressure. But it’s not about numbers in his book; it’s about improving on every aspect of his game.

    “I have a very long way to go,” said Tuitt. “Goals that I have in mind I want to accomplish. I want to work hard every day. So far I need to work on everything. I am focused on what I have to do to help the team win. I am learning my technique better, being able to look at myself and see how I could be better against anybody I face.”

    Tuitt has one more opportunity this preseason to improve, when the Steelers play the Carolina Panthers on Thursday night at Heinz Field, before games begin to count in the regular season. And he is ready to go.

    “This is very important,” said Tuitt. “Every game is very important. I am excited to go out and play. I want to make sure I finish off the preseason strong. I have to do everything I need to, go out on the field and practice and play hard.

    “I am learning the defense. I am not comfortable in it, but I know 90% of it.”

    http://www.steelers.com/news/article...2-5593ae72ffa9

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •