Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/1 Friday night camp report.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

8/1 Friday night camp report.

JJ,Zumwalt Dri,Blount,Blanchflower,DHB,Mitchell Waters and Justin Brown did not practice.
    Brown has a broken nose.
    Night started with back on backers and the fireworks started early.
    Timmons blew up Bell 2x.
    Worilds and Will Johnson were a push but Worilds easily handled Paulson and Pool.
    H Jones has that quick first step and easily got by Masonet.
    Shazier destroys B Davis and the place was electric. Shazier speed is such where all 2nd chances vs him the backs tried to initiate the hit rather then wait for him to make the block. Very explosive skills to this point.

K Moore continues to impress making another diving grab in 7 on 7. He looks quick on kick off returns as well but I'm not sure how he could make this team with the talent in front of him. Practice squad perhaps.

In live 11 on 11:
    Shazier blew up a few plays at the los. He is running with the 1's and that will not change.
    Wheaton who is having a very solid camp catches a 12 yd out over Blake. Blake is always around the ball and ran with the 2's tonight. He has excellent speed.
    Harris had two solid runs over right tackle. 5 and 10 yd gains he looks like a one cut runner who to this point appears to be a nice pick up. Both 6 hole plays were over Hemer who has not shown a lot to this point.
    Moats flipped sides tonight and that is small in itself however he is our best non starter at OLB to this point so it was good to see him get work with JJ out.
    Tuitt and Vince Williams made tackles in the backfield. Both have looked quick tonight.

In some other 1 on 1's McCullers stacked Wallace but couldn't shed him and get to the ball. He did blow up Elkins on one pass rush drill however.
    Tuitt used a swim move and shot by Browning.
    McCray was able to hold Carter out on pass blocking drill. These 2 will need to show more going forward.
    Wesley Johnson stoned H Jones which is no easy task with Jones's speed off the edge. Johnson was running with the 3's tonight but that may soon change.
    Our 2nd team OL looked like this Whimper,Hubbard,Wallace,Browning,Adams. Change could be coming here.
    First team gunners tonight were Blake and Richardson.
    Poole put the ball on the ground once or twice tonight in live 11 on 11. We need another back to step up and I'm not sure who that is yet after Bell , Blount and Archer. A few guys in the mix there but to this point perhaps Harris but it's to early to say.
    L. Jones still can't deliver the ball on time and it has not looked good. He needs more work.
    No injuries to report.
    New back Jamison from Rutgers in uniform 44 tonight as Alexander was waived injured. He did not see much action.

Thats it. Hoped you enjoyed the updates.

Starter

User Info Menu

Thanks. 'ppreciate it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Smh at Landry Jones...

Legend

User Info Menu

Just season two but L Jones is not showing himself to be a viable option at all. At this point he is kind of wasting a roster spot.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Just season two but L Jones is not showing himself to be a viable option at all. At this point he is kind of wasting a roster spot.
    Wasted draft pick. Shame.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll actually wait til some game activity before I make a judgment.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Maybe. But the knock on Jones was his inability to handle pressure, and it will only get worse in an actual game.

Honestly, that pick doesn't look so good at this point. There are QBs looking for a team that are probably an upgrade over Jones.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Maybe. But the knock on Jones was his inability to handle pressure, and it will only get worse in an actual game.

Honestly, that pick doesn't look so good at this point. There are QBs looking for a team that are probably an upgrade over Jones.
    Yep, I have no problem admitting I loved the pick at the time and appreciated that we didnt draft a mobile QB who couldn't throw. Unfortunately Landry Jones hasn't found a way to deal with his issues with pressure. He was always taking sacks or fumbling when the game was on the line at OU.

Oh well....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Nah.. unfortunately he is who we feared he would be. He is another Big 12 pass happy QB who doesnt know how to make reads in an NFL pro offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

That Timmons on Bell was the shot heard round the world.
    FN Larry blew him up.
    Harris is quick
    Landry Jones loves to hold on to the ball
    On another note, Haley's wife was at the Spring Suites hotel bar doing shots of Petrone...LOL