Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/1 Friday night camp report.

Pro Bowler
    I thought for sure they were locked in on Bray as the qb pick

Landry Jones has been running with the 2nd team, so contrary to popular belief, the Steelers coaches do think he is a viable backup option.

It's his second season and there has been some good reports coming out of camp about Jones. Some good, some bad.. just like a lot of the players. No one said he was the next Andrew Luck when he was drafted. It's the guys second year ... cut the guy just a bit of slack until we see more of what he's capable of.

Pro Bowler
    I don't think he's the backup over grad, but they need him to get higher quality reps to see what they have in him

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Landry Jones has been running with the 2nd team, so contrary to popular belief, the Steelers coaches do think he is a viable backup option.

It's his second season and there has been some good reports coming out of camp about Jones. Some good, some bad.. just like a lot of the players. No one said he was the next Andrew Luck when he was drafted. It's the guys second year ... cut the guy just a bit of slack until we see more of what he's capable of.
    Nah...just leave it to the know-it-alls...

He needs to work on both footwork and keeping his eyes down field when the protection breaks down. I hope I didn't imply he is a waste just that he needs work. Other then the day Grad did not practice he has been the 3. Grad being there and being solid should make things easier for LJ.

Pro Bowler
    I find it funny that when reporters/bloggers say great things about Shazier or Tuitt no one questions it. Everyone is fired up. But those exact same guys say Landry looks bad and suddenly it's all, "let's wait until they play a game".

The ESPN guy assigned to the Steelers camp has said if Landry does not show significant improvement in his second camp the Steelers may go with only 2 QBs on the roster. Why would we not believe this? I've read similar thoughts from multiple people reporting from camp.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'll actually wait til some game activity before I make a judgment.
    Nah.. unfortunately he is who we feared he would be. He is another Big 12 pass happy QB who doesnt know how to make reads in an NFL pro offense.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Maybe. But the knock on Jones was his inability to handle pressure, and it will only get worse in an actual game.

Honestly, that pick doesn't look so good at this point. There are QBs looking for a team that are probably an upgrade over Jones.
    Yep, I have no problem admitting I loved the pick at the time and appreciated that we didnt draft a mobile QB who couldn't throw. Unfortunately Landry Jones hasn't found a way to deal with his issues with pressure. He was always taking sacks or fumbling when the game was on the line at OU.

Oh well....

Legend

Please show us some of the good because all I have heard is Jones hasn't grown as a player and is making the same mistakes as last year.

a good article about Landry Jones:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/08...ones-year-two/