Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham to Contract Extension through 2018 season

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham to Contract Extension through 2018 season

Steelers Sign Shaun Suisham to Contract Extension

Posted 12 minutes ago

Kicker's contract extended for four years through the 2018 season.

The Steelers have announced that kicker Shaun Suisham’s contract has been extended for four years through the 2018 season. Financial terms of the new contract were not disclosed.

Suisham connected on 30-of-32 field goal attempts in 2013, establishing a Steelers record with a 93.8 conversion mark. His 30 field goals made tied as the third-most in team history and his 129 points ranked fifth-most in a single season.

Since re-joining the Steelers in 2010, Suisham has made 95-of-109 field goals and each of his 128 point after tries for 412 points. He ranks first in Steelers history with an 87.2 field goal conversion mark and fifth in field goals made (95).

Suisham entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent out of Bowling Green with Pittsburgh in 2005. He had two stints with the Dallas Cowboys (2005-06, 2009) and Washington Redskins (2006-2009). In his career, Suisham has made 182-of-219 field goals and 229-of-231 point after tries for 775 points in 112 games played.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Sign-Shaun-Suisham-to-Contract-Extension/58c9f7b2-f9d7-4ce5-89ff-6afabaed04e1[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Whenever someone says bowling green i automatically think of Omar Jacobs

Legend

User Info Menu

Suisham should be entering his prime as a kicker. Probably a safe signing but nothing spectacular.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

hes the most accurate kicker in the NFL since week 14 of 2011. He just is only good from 46-48

Legend

User Info Menu

Good... sushi has been pretty impressive the last few years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    hes the most accurate kicker in the NFL since week 14 of 2011. He just is only good from 46-48
    Dude was perfect last year...except for Oakland.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    If you have to rely on your kicker consistently making 50+ yard field goals to win games then you have other bigger problems on the team.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If you have to rely on your kicker consistently making 50+ yard field goals to win games then you have other bigger problems on the team.
    Its true, but its nice to know that if you need that last second 52 yard FG to win the game or force OT and you are out of timeouts you have someone to drain it

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know he has been good for the steelers. I still get nervous when he kicks and I don't know why I haven't had the confidence in him as he deserves.

Legend

User Info Menu

Alan Robinson @arobinson_Trib ·

Interesting note: in the era of the long-distance kicker, newly re-signed Steelers kicker Shaun Suisham did not attempt a 50-yarder in '13.

[URL]https://twitter.com/arobinson_Trib[/URL]