Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How can finding a decent punter be so difficult?

It is interesting to me that this conversation is coming up now. When Ray Guy is being placed in the HOF, he is the standard of what everyone wants to have but nobody has. Has a child I remember watching him kick and thinking man he is good. Can't say I have said that about any kicker EVER. There is a reason Ray is the only one to be placed in the Hall, he was and is one of a kind. So respectful ability is what's out there, for the bar was set to high. Way to long in coming for Mr.Guy. IMO

Pro Bowler
    Shoulda just poinson pilled the Andy Lee deal when he was a RFA a few years back

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Sounds like an awful lot of guessing
    Not much guessing if you have witnessed dudes juicing. He was a punter built like a LB. He could boot the ball a ton. And then his body starts falling apart, and suddenly he goes from being muscular to normal build. Not much guessing needed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Not much guessing if you have witnessed dudes juicing. He was a punter built like a LB. He could boot the ball a ton. And then his body starts falling apart, and suddenly he goes from being muscular to normal build. Not much guessing needed at all.
    That's a foolish statement. He played all sorts of positions in high school and came from a football family. He has good genes. He played linebacker, that's why he looked like one.

He was a walk on at Baylor as a linebacker and redshirted because he was undersized. Things didn't work out as a linebacker so he tried punting. So yes, he was huge for a punter - because he wasn't purely a punter.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    That's a foolish statement. He played all sorts of positions in high school and came from a football family. He has good genes. He played linebacker, that's why he looked like one.

He was a walk on at Baylor as a linebacker and redshirted because he was undersized. Things didn't work out as a linebacker so he tried punting. So yes, he was huge for a punter - because he wasn't purely a punter.
    Whatever you choose to want to believe. I really don't care. He sure deflated as soon as he was done as a punter.

http://carpetbaggery.files.wordpress..._sepulveda.jpg

Whatever you choose to want to believe. I really don't care. He sure deflated as soon as he was done as a punter.

http://carpetbaggery.files.wordpress..._sepulveda.jpg
    AKA -as soon as he was done being a professional athlete, paid to stay in top shape?

And if you are going to say he deflated - prove it. Post a picture of what he looks like now.

Pro Bowler
    Tearing up his knees multiple items isn't exactly falling apart

Pro Bowler
    Now, let's visit the truth and facts of the matter, just for a hoot, shall we? Doing juice contributes to knee injuries. I guess you didn't know that.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/bl...e-m-2009-02-20

Pro Bowler
    Now, let's visit the truth and facts of the matter, just for a hoot, shall we? Doing juice contributes to knee injuries. I guess you didn't know that.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/bl...e-m-2009-02-20
    I'm aware of the negative effects of roids, not sure sepulveda is another shawne merriman though. You are wildly guessing with nothing to support it
    A

Pro Bowler
    I'm aware of the negative effects of roids, not sure sepulveda is another shawne merriman though. You are wildly guessing with nothing to support it
    A
    But you said,
    And then I asserted...http://www.scientificamerican.com/bl...e-m-2009-02-20 which demonstrates knees do go more often when players are on juice. I have never seen a punter look like Tarzan before. He ended up a shell of his self. Very odd.