Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Archer > Reggie Bush

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I thought I read DA was timed at 4.2?

[url]http://www.ohio.com/blogs/kent-state/kent-state-flashes-1.285259/speedy-may-not-be-enough-to-describe-rb-dri-archer-1.287533[/url]

Any how, I am talking more about actual football speed. Bush is fast, without any doubt. But I just have never seen him look this fast. Dri can pop dat thang. Reggie just kind of semi pops it.

Watch the 2 min. mark. In hindsight, I think Bush is more of a 2-3rd round talent.

This vid has one of the best jams of all time.

Bush put together one of the single best, most electrfying seasons for a RB of all time at USC. The man was unstoppable. He was a top 5 pick as a RB or as WR. Had he put up more modest numbers like Gio Bernard did at UNC or Chris Johnson did at ECU then, sure a 2nd round guy but he didnt and was a run away heisman winner instead. (I used CJ and GB as comparisojns because i described them both as poor mans reggie bush prior to being drafted)

Bush had 1740 rushing yards and 18 TDs with highlight after highlight after highlight and almost 9 yards per carry....that is unreal. Archer did get 9 per carry in 2012, but were talking a different animal when it comes to offense and quality of competition

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Let me answer that for you because I was pretty sure you were talking out your a**. The only guy faster than Archer since electronic timing back in 2000 is Chris Johnson. And I believe he had a pretty good career. Archer is one fast mofo. [URL]http://www.statisticbrain.com/fastest-40-yard-dash-times-in-nfl-history/[/URL]
    Jeff Demps was faster too. I don't think he ran the 40 at the combine.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Bush put together one of the single best, most electrfying seasons for a RB of all time at USC. The man was unstoppable. He was a top 5 pick as a RB or as WR. Had he put up more modest numbers like Gio Bernard did at UNC or Chris Johnson did at ECU then, sure a 2nd round guy but he didnt and was a run away heisman winner instead. (I used CJ and GB as comparisojns because i described them both as poor mans reggie bush prior to being drafted)

Bush had 1740 rushing yards and 18 TDs with highlight after highlight after highlight and almost 9 yards per carry....that is unreal. Archer did get 9 per carry in 2012, but were talking a different animal when it comes to offense and quality of competition
    But since entering the NFL, he has not produced to the level of a top 5 pick. He had tons of talent around him at USC. All I am saying is I think DA could have more highlight, big plays than Bush has.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    But since entering the NFL, he has not produced to the level of a top 5 pick. He had tons of talent around him at USC. All I am saying is I think DA could have more highlight, big plays than Bush has.
    I hope so... but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not holding my breadth.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

D'Anthony Thomas:

Your move Dri...who was the better pick

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    D'Anthony Thomas:

Your move Dri...who was the better pick
    If I'm drafting a short guy who weighs less than 180 lbs., give me the guy who gets timed in the 4.2's instead of 4.5, who has a dozen more reps of 225 lbs., and has a vertical jump a half foot higher. But that's just me.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree Ruthless but I wanted Thomas before the draft. The guy plays much faster than a 4.5. I think both are going to be great.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If I'm drafting a short guy who weighs less than 180 lbs., give me the guy who gets timed in the 4.2's instead of 4.5, who has a dozen more reps of 225 lbs., and has a vertical jump a half foot higher. But that's just me.
    Wasnt disputing that. I agree, just more of a comparison of two pretty similar players.

I want to see archer doing some of that...untouched running