Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signing Heyward could be tough

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Signing Heyward could be tough

So of the 2011 draft, which by the way, was a ridiculous class there have been 2 first round picks signed to extensions.

Patrick Peterson 5 years, $70 million, $48 million guaranteed

Tyron Smith 8 year ext (10 years total) making it $110 million, $40mil guaranteed ($28 mil of that new money), and a $10 million signing bonus

Guys on deck to be extended from the first rookie cap year include JJ Watt, Cam Newton, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Robert Quinn, Corey Liuget, Cam Heyward, Mike Pouncey, Jimmy Smith, Von Miller, Aldon Smith, Cameron Jordon. All of whom had their 5th year option executed and are under contract thorugh 2015

Signing him sooner rather than later is going to be for the best. He is a beast, one that not many know about but a guy that could really emerge this year as a rare 10 sack player from a 34 DE. Imo by the end of the year he will be regarded as a top 5 34 DE with Watt (clearly #1) and guys like Sheldon Richardson, Mo Wilkerson, Cameron Jordan, Calais Cambell, ect...

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree...we have 6 million in cap space. I would use it to sign Heyward early...hoping he doesn't break the bank once these others set the market.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

If you have watched last years highlight film on NFL Network you will want Heyward SIGNED to a long term deal.

Just loved the ending where Cam was looking pissed and said "I WANT ONE MORE". You just have to watch it to realize what a true leader this guy is and how he talks to Jarvis on the field is also what this team needs on the D.

SIGN HIM!!!!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He told Jarvis jones to "put him on the ground and treat him badly" at one point last season. Gave me chills hearing that lol

The guy does it all....he stacks and sheds blockers, he collapses the pocket while maintaining his responisbilities (unlike hood EVER did), he can arm tackle RBs, and he is truly a violent player
    Last edited by K Train; 07-31-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Backup

User Info Menu

Amen. We need that Nasty in PITTSBURGH.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ya know those Buckeyes are aight.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

He is hands down our best defensive player at the moment. No way the Steelers FO let him walk.

Starter

User Info Menu

pay the man!!!! a mans man.. BEAST...
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This won't concern my one bit. We are actually getting some cap space and that is before we adjust some of the biggest salaries like Troy or have $10 mill wrapped up in Worilds. We are actually starting to get in decent cap shape. Heyward ain't going anywhere.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    This won't concern my one bit. We are actually getting some cap space and that is before we adjust some of the biggest salaries like Troy or have $10 mill wrapped up in Worilds. We are actually starting to get in decent cap shape. Heyward ain't going anywhere.
    It's not Heyward I am worried about. The Steelers are not letting him go. I am concerned about the signing of Ben and Heyward and how those huge numbers will effect signing others.
    Trolls are people too.