Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers have money to spend, but mulling who is worthy

Pro Bowler
    Velasco was signed by the Panthers, and we are fine at center with Pouncey back, wallace back, and weslye johnson/elkin getting plenty of reps there

Aside from keisel and Harrison theres some decent defensive players out there...Asante Samuel, Jabari Greer, adam carriker. Would rather have Brett and Harrison back though

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Velasco was signed by the Panthers, and we are fine at center with Pouncey back, wallace back, and weslye johnson/elkin getting plenty of reps there

Aside from keisel and Harrison theres some decent defensive players out there...Asante Samuel, Jabari Greer, adam carriker. Would rather have Brett and Harrison back though
    Dance with the devil you know, so to speak.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

I think the only ? with Worilds is if he can truly put together a year being healthy. If so, I think he'll be his "worthiness". I'm not $100% sold on Allen as a #1 CB. I want him signed but I would have no idea what his current value is.

Gilbert is a possibility as well but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Steelers let him walk and replace him with Adams. The T situation/depth is interesting. What if Beachum struggles at LT? Does Adams take over? If that is the case, then Gilbert would probably get signed and stay at RT (pending his performance).

Sounds like the FO isn't sold on Allen as well. That is concerning to me. Early camp news...Ike burnt by this guy...burnt by that guy...FO doesn't have confidence in Allen. Is it possible that Gay is our best DB? Possibly and that should concern anyone who bleeds BnG. I'm am now glad the Steelers went with Shazier but if the Steelers don't generate a pass rush this season...these DBs are going to get toasted.

Why would the FO be sold on Allen at this point?

He's started some games and has had some success, but, like Worilds, has not put together and entire solid, productive season...it's his 4th year....

Depending upon his performance in camp and preseason, he may yet get a deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Why would the FO be sold on Allen at this point?

He's started some games and has had some success, but, like Worilds, has not put together and entire solid, productive season...it's his 4th year....

Depending upon his performance in camp and preseason, he may yet get a deal...
    Didn't say they should be. I am concerned about our secondary.