Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers' way vs. Browns?

Legend

User Info Menu

Dude has the skills to be a latter day combination of the talents of Fran Tarkenton, Doug Flutie, and Drew Brees, but those guys were such hard workers that they could make up for their physical limitations. Manziel hasn't shown that he can be that type of worker yet (and Browns brass is justifiably worried that he may be just the opposite).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    If Manziel was a sure thing why did the Texans, Bills, Jags, Raiders, Browns at #8, Vikings or Titans not take him? I think any of those teams could use a Luck, Manning or Elway type quarterback and lock down the position for 10 years, but they all passed with their first pick. That doesn't mean Manziel won't be great, but it does mean that football guys that make these decisions didn't believe Manziel was Elway, Manning or Luck ready for the NFL.

Pappy
    Why did 30 teams pass on Tom Brady for 6 rounds? That isn't proof of much anything. I am PREDICTING JM will be a great QB. I will be proven right, again.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Really?

I would argue that he is proving to be not so smart...
    Ever hear him speak? You can't fake intelligence while using language. He also had over 30 on the Wonderlic IQ test. Not many in here would score into the 30's. Make no mistake: He is smart. Big Ben scored a 25, which is better than average.
    Last edited by sick beats; 07-30-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Why did 30 teams pass on Tom Brady for 6 rounds? That isn't proof of much anything. I am PREDICTING JM will be a great QB. I will be proven right, again.
    Tom Brady wasn't rated an Elway, Manning or Luck and was never in the conversation for the #1 overall pick. You compared Manziel to Elway, Manning and Luck all players that were being touted as the #1 overall, I didn' thear much of that about Manziel being #1 overall. If he was a certainty like the three you mentioned he would have been gone after the #2 pick at worst.

I know you're predicting he'll be great and that isn't what the debate is about. The debate is whether he is Elway, Manning or Luck ready for the NFL and the NFL says he wasn't. His own team passed on him at #8.

Geesh, relax on trying to prove how smart you are, sometimes screaming and yelling that you're smart gives people the opposite impression.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Ever hear him speak? You can't fake intelligence while using language. He also had over 30 on the Wonderlic IQ test. Not many in here would score into the 30's. Make no mistake: He is smart. Big Ben scored a 25, which is better than average.
    You look at the Wonderlic and listen to his words...

I will evaluate him based upon his poor off-the-field decision making and his actions...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You look at the Wonderlic and listen to his words...

I will evaluate him based upon his poor off-the-field decision making and his actions...
    Well said. There are plenty of highly intelligent and well-spoken people who are Axis II diagnosible, usually lacking what is needed to be successful in work and relationships. Not wishing this on Manziel, but there seem to be questions about his character. The proof will be on the field.