Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben

Legend

User Info Menu

Emmanuel Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben

Emmanuel Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 28, 2014

Emmanuel Sanders arrived in Denver this offseason after four years in Pittsburgh. He immediately noticed a big difference between Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger.

Sanders said on 104.3 The Fan in Denver that Manning’s leadership and determination to win goes far beyond that of Roethlisberger or any other teammate Sanders has ever had.

“I feel like Peyton is a far better leader, in terms of staying after practice, catching balls, wanting guys to get on the same page with him, things of that sort,” Sanders said. “This is the first time that I’ve had a quarterback that every single day after practice — no matter what his accolades, NFL MVP, Super Bowl ring — he keeps guys like me and [rookie receiver Cody] Latimer after practice. . . . He’s not one of those guys you’ve got to chase down. He’s going to be right in the same spot, ready to work, every single day. I just feel like that’s a difference from a mental standpoint.”

Sanders said he views Roethlisberger as a winner, too, and he enjoyed their time as teammates. But he’s enjoying his time with Manning even more.

“I’ve got so much love for Ben,” Sanders said. “At the same time, I’m not going to lie. I’m happy to be part of this organization and happy that Peyton is my quarterback.”

Those comments will surely be received better in Denver than in Pittsburgh.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/28/emmanuel-sanders-peyton-is-a-far-better-leader-than-ben/[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yadda Yadda.....Good for him. Who's Emmanuel Sanders? And oh, how many SB's has Ben won compared to the Denver QB????? Oh- and who's the one that chokes in big games???? Sounds like all that extra practice is really paying off... lol Gotcha... Moving on....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wouldn't doubt that Peyton puts in more time than Ben. Few qb's are known for their work ethics like he is. Ben's a winner though. And that's because he makes the TEAM better. Manning just makes the QB position look good on his team.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

"............he keeps guys like me and [rookie receiver Cody] Latimer after practice...."

You're kept after practice by Manning because he knows you can't catch for jack. Roethlisberger assumed you were competent, to all of our detriment.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben is a more talented football player than Peyton. The extra work/preparation is probably what separated Peyton from Ben the most.

I don't believe Ben strived to be the best player that he could be.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'll take Bens 2-1 super bowl record over peytons 1-2 super bowl record any day.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Ben is a more talented football player than Peyton. The extra work/preparation is probably what separated Peyton from Ben the most.

I don't believe Ben strived to be the best player that he could be.
    All that work made Peyton a better regular season QB but he still lacks that starpower when the lights shine brightest....

You can prepare for pressure and Ben is still a much better QB when the pressure is on.

Legend

User Info Menu

big deal, so manning is a better leader.
    not sure everybody didnt already know this
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

like they said on NFL Network, you can praise your new QB without ripping your old QB...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hey Sanders, have fun in your newly found anonymity.