Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Memories of Emmanuel Sanders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UltklB_SuA

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah, the better leader my ***. When all goes wrong, Payton is the first to bit$h and moan and whine. Biggest crybaby EVER when things go wrong.

Then when the pressures on, he folds. Chokes.

Give me an F'in break.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    All that work made Peyton a better regular season QB but he still lacks that starpower when the lights shine brightest....

You can prepare for pressure and Ben is still a much better QB when the pressure is on.
    Peyton's had success when the lights shine brightest. IMO, the light shines bright every week in the NFL.
    The pressure is on for QBs to perform well every week.

How do you define pressure?? 4th QT comebacks?? Playoff wins? Peyton helped his teams win playoff games and a SB. People often like to continue to row a boat and continue down that river as if it's absolute. Both QB's had their share of successes, failures, strengths, and weaknesses. Ben wasn't to good under pressure in his first SB. Ben wasn't to good under pressure the past two seasons. Now the the Steelers defenses are not as good the Steelers struggle to make the playoffs.

At the end of the day, and what separates Peyton from Ben is consistency. Peyton has been a more consistent player. He's probably been a harder worker than Ben. I believe that if Ben worked close to as hard as Manning then he would be a better player at this point of his career. As a result, every player around Ben would be better.

Either QB could play on my team. If my pick were between Peyton and Ben then I would take Peyton. That's not a knock on Ben. I know a better player when I see one.

Starter

User Info Menu

Ben has had more "success" in half the time.. Playoffs and Rings.. Manning is a CHOKE.. did you already forget the last Superbowl?? what a JOKE..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

Like i said in the other thread, complimenting your new teammate is not even newsworthy.

Newsworthy is, "you know my NEW teammate isn't as good as my OLD teammate".
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Backup

User Info Menu

This is such BS.. I wonder IF Ab shares the same View.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Peyton's had success when the lights shine brightest. IMO, the light shines bright every week in the NFL.
    The pressure is on for QBs to perform well every week.

How do you define pressure?? 4th QT comebacks?? Playoff wins? Peyton helped his teams win playoff games and a SB. People often like to continue to row a boat and continue down that river as if it's absolute. Both QB's had their share of successes, failures, strengths, and weaknesses. Ben wasn't to good under pressure in his first SB. Ben wasn't to good under pressure the past two seasons. Now the the Steelers defenses are not as good the Steelers struggle to make the playoffs.

At the end of the day, and what separates Peyton from Ben is consistency. Peyton has been a more consistent player. He's probably been a harder worker than Ben. I believe that if Ben worked close to as hard as Manning then he would be a better player at this point of his career. As a result, every player around Ben would be better.

Either QB could play on my team. If my pick were between Peyton and Ben then I would take Peyton. That's not a knock on Ben. I know a better player when I see one.
    Excellent post

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben didn't have the advantage of being raised by a former NFL quarterback either but he's still been successful despite not being a fortunate son.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Ben didn't have the advantage of being raised by a former NFL quarterback either but he's still been successful despite not being a fortunate son.
    Archie Manning is one of the worst QBs in the history of the NFL. His best record as a QB was 8-8, his worst was 1-15. And he threw for more than 20 TDs in a season only once, whereas he had seasons where he threw 20 or more INTs four times.

I don't think being raised as a QB by the likes of Archie Manning is an advantage.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Archie Manning is one of the worst QBs in the history of the NFL. His best record as a QB was 8-8, his worst was 1-15. And he threw for more than 20 TDs in a season only once, whereas he had seasons where he threw 20 or more INTs four times.

I don't think being raised as a QB by the likes of Archie Manning is an advantage.
    You beat me to it. I didn't realize he never had a winning season. I knew the Saints had some futility, but I never paid much attention to how much futility they had. Geesh, it has to be almost as difficult to lose that many games as it is to have a winning season occasionally.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount