Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    Here's a thought, not sure if it's been posted yet.

If sanders excels, do the steelers pick up a possible comp pick next year?
    Wasn't Sanders an unrestricted free agent? If so, I'm pretty sure there's no comp pick.

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Comp picks are based on the Gains/Losses of FA's for a team, so as long as the Steelers Gains are lower than the Losses, they should recieve some kind of Comp pick.

Where the Comp pick falls is then decided by value of contract & production...

The Steelers are generally in line for extra Draft Picks because they don't sign a lot of FA's.

From memory, Sanders, Ziggy Hood, Al Woods, Ryan Clark, Jerricho Cotchery, Jonathan Dwyer, David Johnson....who am I missing?

Lance Moore, LeGarrette Blount, Mike Mitchell, Arthur Moats...they probably nullify some of the losses. Cam Thomas too.

Not sure if they would get much more than a 6th or 7th next year based on that, and ONLY if the guys lost get significant playing time I'd imagine.

In some ways we probably want Sanders, Clark & Cotchery to have great seasons. Hood too...if possible..
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 10
    Wins- 2
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $60,050.00

Thanks chad, time will tell...... My boss is a broncos fan and I happily let her know sanders drops the most important ones when they count! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Comp picks are based on the Gains/Losses of FA's for a team, so as long as the Steelers Gains are lower than the Losses, they should recieve some kind of Comp pick.

In some ways we probably want Sanders, Clark & Cotchery to have great seasons. Hood too...if possible..
    I think that when that Adam guy was predicting comp picks he did it 100% based on salary and was usually very accurate. I know that the league says play is part of the equation, but it looks like salary is the big driver of comp picks.

Hall of Famer
    Is production still part of the comp pick process. I thought they did away with that and just considered contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    Thanks chad, time will tell...... My boss is a broncos fan and I happily let her know sanders drops the most important ones when they count! Lol
    Then him and Manning deserve one another. Both fold up like lawn chairs when it counts.
    1 Takkarist McKinley-OLB UCLA
    2 Budda Baker-FS Washington
    3 Noah Brown-WR tOSU
    4 Joe Mixon-RB Oklahoma
    5 Ahkello Witherspoon-CB Colorado
    6 Riley Bullough-ILB Michigan State
    7 QB-Seth Russell-Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Then him and Manning deserve one another. Both fold up like lawn chairs when it counts.
    Haha that's great!