Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben

I suppose if Tim Tebow was the QB of Denver now, then Sanders would say that TT is a better leader.

Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.

Benchwarmer
    This was nothing more than a cheap dig from a WR that loves the lime light. Notice he is on only second to Ryan Clark with his appearances. Also Ryan C just said he is now playing with the best secondary of his career. These guys are speaking to there new fan base. In my opinion just a chicken **** thing to say to Ben. But hey when Peyton chokes like he does he can say and talk about the great leadership or the hundred times Ben will under throw him this year. He is a Dude looking to be I the headlines. Eat **** Manny and love a little bulletin board material come play off off time this year. Cause if we see you I can bet Ben will thrive and Peyton will choke.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nah.... put Ben on Denvers team and it's a much closer game.

He would shrug off a few sacks, extend some plays and he wouldn't shrivel up like a baby anytime a guy is in his face.
    Agreed - Roethlisberger does not get blown out. Even when he's the one causing a potential blow out himself (see Super Bowl against the Packers), he finds a way to come back. Roethlisberger is not as good (nowhere near as good?) as Manning, Brees, Rodgers, maybe a few others, but he has that magic competitiveness, edge, drive, and winning attitude that keeps the Steelers in the game no matter how bad things are. In that regard, he's the best in the league. No way do the Steelers with Roethlisberger get blown out by the Seahwawks, like Manning did.

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    In Archibald's defense, he did play a number of seasons before the Mel Blount rule took effect and NFL passing stats started to become completely skewed.

I agree that it's easier to accumulate good passing stats these days, but poor stats isn't the only reason for Archie's low regard (at least by some of us).

The 1971 draft class was QB rich. In addition to Manning, there was Jim Plunkett and Dan Pastorini. (Plunkett/Manning/Pastorini went 1-2-3 overall.)

Also in that draft were Lynn Dickey, Ken Anderson, and Joe Theismann. All of them had better careers than Archie. In particular, Ken Anderson held the highest single-season completion percentage record for a couple of decades, IIRC.

So sure, it was harder to pass back then. But Archie was still a big-time loser. I remember when Howard Cosell used to do the highlights from the previous Sunday's games on MNF - if a highlight from a Saints game was shown, it was usually Archie throwing an interception that ensured victory for the opponents. (That was back in the bad old days for my Pats, so it was nice to see some other team that was even more inept.)

I can't think of another QB who had a career as long as Archie and who never made an appearance in a playoff game. When you're that bad at leading a team to victory, most head coaches will try another guy to see whether he has enough moxie to lead a group of professional athletes into the post-season. But for some reason indiscernible to me, Archie Manning kept his job for 13 years.
    Last edited by tiproast; 07-30-2014 at 01:59 AM.
    “We'll do the same thing that we always do. We'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.” - Bill Belichick

Ben is half the leader that Peyton is.

Peyton has half the rings that Ben has.

I'll take Ben.

Who cares. He's on a new team and he should back his new team.

Wallace did the same year when talking about arm strength between his new QB and BEN. Who cares!

Our new players do the same thing when talking about the Steelers and how great it is! Ryan Clark just stated the Redskins have the best secondary as well. It's what they should say!

Ben is a winner and that's all that matters. He just took his entire OL to his vacation home and when they won SB XL he stated who's laughing now O-LINE! that to me is leadership.

Oh and didn't he meet up with his new young WR's this offseason? UM YEAH! Leadership.

Peyton Manning however needs 1 on 1 time with his WR's because Peyton Manning is not a very good QB when he has to think on the FLY! If the players aren't where they need to be exactly when and where they need to be Peyton SUCKS ass! That's why he fails in the bigger games unlike BEN!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    Who cares. He's on a new team and he should back his new team.

Wallace did the same year when talking about arm strength between his new QB and BEN. Who cares!

Our new players do the same thing when talking about the Steelers and how great it is! Ryan Clark just stated the Redskins have the best secondary as well. It's what they should say!

Ben is a winner and that's all that matters. He just took his entire OL to his vacation home and when they won SB XL he stated who's laughing now O-LINE! that to me is leadership.

Oh and didn't he meet up with his new young WR's this offseason? UM YEAH! Leadership.

Peyton Manning however needs 1 on 1 time with his WR's because Peyton Manning is not a very good QB when he has to think on the FLY! If the players aren't where they need to be exactly when and where they need to be Peyton SUCKS ass! That's why he fails in the bigger games unlike BEN!
    all of this ^^^

Legend
    Emmanuel who?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

by Dale Lolley

@ I've heard the Emmanuel Sanders interview in Denver several times now and don't see it as a big deal.

Of course Peyton Manning is different from Ben Roethlisberger. Manning is considered one of the biggest workaholics in NFL history.

That doesn't mean Roethlisberger doesn't work.

And Roethlisberger did take his younger receivers to California this offseason for a week to work out. He also spent extra time with Antonio Brown working on red zone throws while the rest of the team was working on special teams this week.

It's similar to the way Lance Moore got in some hot water in New Orleans for saying that Roethlisberger has a lot stronger arm than Drew Brees.

He wasn't being disrespectful to Brees. He was just stating how he felt.

Now, Ryan Clark saying earlier this week that the Washington secondary is the best one that he's played in was a bit disrespectful - especially considering he hasn't played in it yet.

But guys are always going to speak highly of their new situation.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    by Dale Lolley

@ I've heard the Emmanuel Sanders interview in Denver several times now and don't see it as a big deal.

Of course Peyton Manning is different from Ben Roethlisberger. Manning is considered one of the biggest workaholics in NFL history.

That doesn't mean Roethlisberger doesn't work.

And Roethlisberger did take his younger receivers to California this offseason for a week to work out. He also spent extra time with Antonio Brown working on red zone throws while the rest of the team was working on special teams this week.

It's similar to the way Lance Moore got in some hot water in New Orleans for saying that Roethlisberger has a lot stronger arm than Drew Brees.

He wasn't being disrespectful to Brees. He was just stating how he felt.

Now, Ryan Clark saying earlier this week that the Washington secondary is the best one that he's played in was a bit disrespectful - especially considering he hasn't played in it yet.

But guys are always going to speak highly of their new situation.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
    It may had been one of the best, but Ryan Clark being on the field will take it down a notch or two
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!