Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    He might be right but is taking the dig really necessary?
    That right there is why i have no problem. It'd be different if he was making crap up. But, simply stating facts - especially facts that we all already know - well like you said, "slight jab" is what he took at Ben.

Is it necessary? No. but, neither is complimenting manning in the first place. This is news because nobody's playing games yet!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    I read a good line yesterday (sorry, can't remember who said it) but it was something to the effect of:

Peyton is like that insane boss who stays late in the office every single day and expects all of the employees to do the same, Ben is like the boss who leaves at 5 but expects that everyone else is a professional and does their job properly without him having to hold their hand through it all.
    basically...

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Archie Manning is one of the worst QBs in the history of the NFL. His best record as a QB was 8-8, his worst was 1-15. And he threw for more than 20 TDs in a season only once, whereas he had seasons where he threw 20 or more INTs four times.
    I don't think being raised as a QB by the likes of Archie Manning is an advantage.
    In Archibald's defense, he did play a number of seasons before the Mel Blount rule took effect and NFL passing stats started to become completely skewed.

Jerome Bettis lauds Big Ben's leadership

July, 29, 2014
    By Scott Brown | ESPN.com

Jerome Bettis defended Ben Roethlisberger on Tuesday, saying on ESPN's "First Take" that his former Pittsburgh Steelers teammate is a good leader with simply a different style from Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.

"I don't believe that Ben falls short in the leadership department," said Bettis, who won a Super Bowl with Roethlisberger and the Steelers in 2005. "You don't win a championship with a lack of leadership."

Former Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders created a stir Monday when he told KKFM in Denver that Manning is a "far better leader" than Roethlisberger. Sanders played his first four NFL seasons with Roethlisberger and the Steelers before signing with the Broncos in March.

"This is the first time that I had a quarterback that stays every single day after practice, no matter what his accolades," Sanders told KKFM about Manning. "He's not one of those guys you gotta go chase down. He's gonna be right at the same spot ready to work every single day."

Bettis said Sanders' comments were misguided and "a little disrespectful" to Roethlisberger.

"I think [Sanders] misunderstood what leadership is and he misspoke, and I think it was a little bit of a jab," said Bettis, who is an NFL analyst for ESPN. "I think if he had a chance, he'd take it back. It's not that Ben doesn't lead. He just leads differently than Peyton does."

Sanders took to Twitter on Monday following the ripple effects of his comparison between Manning and Roethlisberger and stood by what he said.

Emmanuel Sanders ✔ @ESanders_10

I never said Ben wasn't a leader... I just said Peyton is a better one. I have nothing but respect for Ben as a man and as a player. #truth

11:40 AM - 28 Jul 2014

Asked about Roethlisberger's leadership, Bettis said the Steelers quarterback talked him into returning for one more season after Pittsburgh lost to the New England Patriots in the 2004 AFC Championship Game.

Bettis won the Super Bowl ring that had eluded him in 2005 before retiring.

"Ben Roethlisberger told me, 'Hey, don't retire. I'm going to get you a championship. Trust me on this,'" Bettis said. "After every playoff game [in 2005], he gave me the game ball. After we won the Super Bowl, he gave me the game ball. That's leadership."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ens-leadership

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

"Ben Roethlisberger told me, 'Hey, don't retire. I'm going to get you a championship. Trust me on this,'" Bettis said. "After every playoff game [in 2005], he gave me the game ball. After we won the Super Bowl, he gave me the game ball. That's leadership."

That was roethlisberger at 23

Banned
    A non story. As if it was anything everyone didn't already know. I like Manning. He is a damn good QB, hall of famer. But he does tend to fold in the biggest games. But honestly, put Ben on that Denver team vs. Seattle and the results would have been about the same. Having no time to throw PLUS having no one open is an an environment no QB would succeed in. And, even if PM folds in some big games, no one can question his overall outstanding QB play week to week. I know there have been some rule changes, but he even puts Marino's #s to shame. And that is saying something.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    A non story. As if it was anything everyone didn't already know. I like Manning. He is a damn good QB, hall of famer. But he does tend to fold in the biggest games. But honestly, put Ben on that Denver team vs. Seattle and the results would have been about the same. Having no time to throw PLUS having no one open is an an environment no QB would succeed in. And, even if PM folds in some big games, no one can question his overall outstanding QB play week to week. I know there have been some rule changes, but he even puts Marino's #s to shame. And that is saying something.
    nah.... put Ben on Denvers team and it's a much closer game.

He would shrug off a few sacks, extend some plays and he wouldn't shrivel up like a baby anytime a guy is in his face.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nah.... put Ben on Denvers team and it's a much closer game.

He would shrug off a few sacks, extend some plays and he wouldn't shrivel up like a baby anytime a guy is in his face.
    Once you make Manning improvise it's game over. That's an aspect that Ben thrives in.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Hall of Famer
    Wouldn't have stopped Seattle from scoring a million points, but it may have been closer.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Jerome Bettis lauds Big Ben's leadership

July, 29, 2014
    By Scott Brown | ESPN.com

Jerome Bettis defended Ben Roethlisberger on Tuesday, saying on ESPN's "First Take" that his former Pittsburgh Steelers teammate is a good leader with simply a different style from Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.

"I don't believe that Ben falls short in the leadership department," said Bettis, who won a Super Bowl with Roethlisberger and the Steelers in 2005. "You don't win a championship with a lack of leadership."

Former Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders created a stir Monday when he told KKFM in Denver that Manning is a "far better leader" than Roethlisberger. Sanders played his first four NFL seasons with Roethlisberger and the Steelers before signing with the Broncos in March.

"This is the first time that I had a quarterback that stays every single day after practice, no matter what his accolades," Sanders told KKFM about Manning. "He's not one of those guys you gotta go chase down. He's gonna be right at the same spot ready to work every single day."

Bettis said Sanders' comments were misguided and "a little disrespectful" to Roethlisberger.

"I think [Sanders] misunderstood what leadership is and he misspoke, and I think it was a little bit of a jab," said Bettis, who is an NFL analyst for ESPN. "I think if he had a chance, he'd take it back. It's not that Ben doesn't lead. He just leads differently than Peyton does."

Sanders took to Twitter on Monday following the ripple effects of his comparison between Manning and Roethlisberger and stood by what he said.

Emmanuel Sanders ✔ @ESanders_10

I never said Ben wasn't a leader... I just said Peyton is a better one. I have nothing but respect for Ben as a man and as a player. #truth

11:40 AM - 28 Jul 2014

Asked about Roethlisberger's leadership, Bettis said the Steelers quarterback talked him into returning for one more season after Pittsburgh lost to the New England Patriots in the 2004 AFC Championship Game.

Bettis won the Super Bowl ring that had eluded him in 2005 before retiring.

I saw that show. Bettis also admitted that Ben was a totally different person, citing that he was immature, prior to the bike wreck and allegations. He said there is no comparison between mid-20's Ben and the person he is now. Being that Bettis is his buddy, it is telling that he basically admitted Ben was a total knuckle head early in his career. I always got that feeling, that he was like a frat boy - in the negative manner - for his first 5 years or so. It was obvious that he wasn't any where close to being a leader, and Bettis admitted that. When NFLN interviewed Tomlin this week and asked him what he expected from Ben this season, he said "I expect him to be the leader of this team." I don't think he replies the same way a few years ago. I still don't think he will be a "leader" in the sense of a Manning, in that his work ethic makes all other players work harder, necessarily. But I think we have all worked with some people who put in tons of time, but that in itself doesn't make them more valuable than workers who basically leave at 5 every day, but are more productive and talented than those putting in all the OT. I generally can do more than 1 hour than most do all day.