Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 97

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben

  1. #21
    If Sanders simply says, "I have nothing but love for Ben, but I'm happy to be in Denver with Peyton," that's not newsworthy...

    But, he crosses the line of complimenting his new teammate by throwing his former teammate under the bus...

    Honestly, it doesn't bother me...I wouldn't care how Sanders runs his mouth in the media even if he were still with the Steelers...what players say off the field is no big concern of mine...

    But, I can see why it's a news item...

  2. #22
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    "............he keeps guys like me and [rookie receiver Cody] Latimer after practice...."

    You're kept after practice by Manning because he knows you can't catch for jack. Roethlisberger assumed you were competent, to all of our detriment.
    this is kinda what made me laugh....that he has someone to hold his hand along with a rookie lol

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If Sanders simply says, "I have nothing but love for Ben, but I'm happy to be in Denver with Peyton," that's not newsworthy...

    But, he crosses the line of complimenting his new teammate by throwing his former teammate under the bus...

    Honestly, it doesn't bother me...I wouldn't care how Sanders runs his mouth in the media even if he were still with the Steelers...what players say off the field is no big concern of mine...

    But, I can see why it's a news item...
    how does saying Manning has ridiculous work ethic (which we already knew) throw Ben under the bus? All i've read is stuff like, "better leader than Ben because he's always there working"... just not seeing the problem.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

  4. #24
    I was upset at this at first but now as I think back on it I can just laugh.. Yes Peyton is the better leader if you want to lead your fantasy football league or if you want to be lead to second place in a 2 man race.

    These men have one thing in common.. They are both underachievers, they both come up very small when the light shines the brightest. It makes sense the he would feel the way he does about him. Birds of a feather.

    He can be a better leader, but it depends on what or where you are trying to be lead to.

  5. #25
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,386
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    how does saying Manning has ridiculous work ethic (which we already knew) throw Ben under the bus? All i've read is stuff like, "better leader than Ben because he's always there working"... just not seeing the problem.
    it implies that Ben didn't try to help Sanders or the other WR's get better

  6. #26
    He also phrased it as if he had to go LOOk for Ben to work with him while with Peyton he "knows" where he is going to be.

  7. #27
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,517
    I think he took a slight jab at Roethlisberger where it could have been avoided. If the situation was reverse, it would be like him saying that Manning struggles in playoff pressure situations or something of that sort and his "new" QB doesn't.

    I am not surprised that Peyton is the better leader. His work ethic is off the charts. He's quite possibly the most cerebral player (not just QB) that has ever played the game. He expects perfection from himself and everyone else around him and he'll require whatever is necessary to achieve that. He's "made" other peoples careers includ HC, OC, OL and WR. However, his playoff struggles are well documented. Sanders knows this... everyone knows this.

    Ben might be the better player under pressure especially in his earlier years and Peyton is probably the better leader. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to come to these conclusions.... but does Sanders need to take that dig at Roethlisberger now that he's off the team? I don't think so.

    It's similar to Irsay taking a dig at Peyton last season. He might be right but is taking the dig really necessary?

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I think he took a slight jab at Roethlisberger where it could have been avoided. If the situation was reverse, it would be like him saying that Manning struggles in playoff pressure situations or something of that sort and his "new" QB doesn't.

    I am not surprised that Peyton is the better leader. His work ethic is off the charts. He's quite possibly the most cerebral player (not just QB) that has ever played the game. He expects perfection from himself and everyone else around him and he'll require whatever is necessary to achieve that. He's "made" other peoples careers includ HC, OC, OL and WR. However, his playoff struggles are well documented. Sanders knows this... everyone knows this.

    Ben might be the better player under pressure especially in his earlier years and Peyton is probably the better leader. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to come to these conclusions.... but does Sanders need to take that dig at Roethlisberger now that he's off the team? I don't think so.

    It's similar to Irsay taking a dig at Peyton last season. He might be right but is taking the dig really necessary?
    Well said. I don't think Ben is known for his leadership but when the game is on the line his teammates have confidence that he will come through for them.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  9. #29
    I read a good line yesterday (sorry, can't remember who said it) but it was something to the effect of:

    Peyton is like that insane boss who stays late in the office every single day and expects all of the employees to do the same, Ben is like the boss who leaves at 5 but expects that everyone else is a professional and does their job properly without him having to hold their hand through it all.

  10. #30
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,580
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    I read a good line yesterday (sorry, can't remember who said it) but it was something to the effect of:

    Peyton is like that insane boss who stays late in the office every single day and expects all of the employees to do the same, Ben is like the boss who leaves at 5 but expects that everyone else is a professional and does their job properly without him having to hold their hand through it all.
    pretty good analogy

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •