Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp Injury Thread

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Half the people who insult players for not practicing through a tight hamstring would be crippled and crying in a heap on the floor if they had one.
    Half? That's a conservative estimate...

Legend

User Info Menu

It's the first week of training camp. Get the hammy well and be ready for when the real bullets start to fly. No need to have a "manhood test" and risk doing more damage and being out longer. As others have said, hamstring injuries can be serious if not treated with proper precaution.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin did not update the status of rookie linebacker Jordan Zumwalt (groin) or rookie tight end Rob Blanchflower (ankle), but both sat out Thursday.

New injuries, wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey (unknown) left practice with the trainers after suffering an injury during drills against defensive backs. Speculation is that he might have been kneed in the head. Tomlin said he didnt see the injury and really doesnt know his status outside of him being evaluated.

Rookie tight end Eric Waters (back) left practice Thursday with a lower back injury of some description, according to Tomlin, and is also being evaluated.

Tomlin didnt update the status of the two PUP players, safety Mike Mitchell (groin) and running back Alvester Alexander (groin), but both reportedly are still working on the side with the trainers.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Starter

User Info Menu

Bell put the pads on today..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

Justin Brown has had a nice start to training camp so far, but that start will be interrupted Friday as the Oklahoma product will sit out the night practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium with a broken nose.

When the Steelers got off the yellow school buses, Alex Kozora reports that Jarvis Jones, Jordan Zumwalt, Rob Blanchflower and LeGarrette Blount all look like they will sit out Friday night.

Blount sat out Thursday while Dri Archer had a wrap on one of his legs. Tight end Eric Waters and wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey are also both sidelined Friday night. Waters left Thursday's practice with a lower back injury, while Heyward-Bey suffered a head injury Thursday.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Justin Brown has had a nice start to training camp so far, but that start will be interrupted Friday as the Oklahoma product will sit out the night practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium with a broken nose.
    yeah, Shamarko Thomas laid a big hit on Justin Brown and broke his nose...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    yeah, Shamarko Thomas laid a big hit on Justin Brown and broke his nose...
    Shark is a big hitter. I hope this doesn't give Brown alligator arms or hesitation running across the middle after the camp he's had so far.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Shark is a big hitter. I hope this doesn't give Brown alligator arms or hesitation running across the middle after the camp he's had so far.
    probably best it happens now so we can see how it affects his mental state

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    probably best it happens now so we can see how it affects his mental state
    Most definitely. If its going to happen, its best it happens now before we cut say, Moye and Brown goes m.i.a mentally.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I read that Brown's broken nose occurred early in that practice and he finished the full practice. If so, that would give some indication of his mental state. I don't think broken noses are a big deal for these guys. By the time a player makes the NFL he's probably had several.

In any case, these full contact practices (scrimmages, actually) make me cringe. I know they have to do it but the risk of injury is high.

Edit: Just read that the 49'ers Glenn Dorsey suffered a torn bicep and will need surgery. Don't know how it happened, but that's what I mean. Bad luck.
    Last edited by RobinCole; 08-03-2014 at 11:58 AM.