Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Training Camp Injury Thread

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I remember my football years in high school..I never left with an injury in practice. I had my bumps and bruises..and a concussion (in a game) to add..but never left practice or a game.
    Oh man, high school football, how did you ever do it?

Legend

User Info Menu

Kaboly: Mystery solved — McLendon has a concussion

August 6, 2014 by Mark Kaboly

Steve McLendon talks to coach Chris Hoke during practice on Monday.

Speculation has been rampant on why nose tackle Steve McLendon sat out of the last three practices – one of which he wasn’t even on the sidelines watching.

From Mike Tomlin wanting to get a good look at rookie Stephon Tuitt to McLendon being in Tomlin’s doghouse have been floated around as reasons why McLendon has been out.

The speculations have been warranted.

After all, Tomlin never gave a reason of why McLendon wasn’t practicing and McLendon told me early Wednesday that: “I’m OK. It’s Coach Tomlin’s call. It’s up to him. It’s his call.”

Turns out the reason why McLendon hasn’t practiced since Friday night is because he is dealing with a concussion.

McLendon did not show up to practice on Saturday at all. He was in shorts and a T-shirt on Sunday and Monday relegated to watching. The Steelers were off Tuesday.

It’s unknown when McLendon will return to practice.

McLendon is the second Steeler to miss time with a concussion this camp.

Receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey has been out since July 31 with what has been diagnosed as a concussion.

Heyward-Bey said it’s the fifth concussion of his career, which includes one against the Steelers in 2012 in which he was unconscious for 10 minutes after a brutal hit was delivered by Ryan Mundy.

Heyward-Bey said that he and McLendon have talked about their symptoms.

“I saw him and asked him how he is doing. I say how is yours and how do you feel,” Heyward-Bey said. “His is different than mine and that’s just how life is.”

Heyward-Bey hit his head on the ground diving for a pass during a practice on July 31 and has yet to been cleared to participate.

“It’s not like another injury,” Heyward-Bey said. “It’s not a knee that you can tape up. There’s no rehab for it.

You just have to wait until you feel 100 percent.”

[URL]http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2014/08/06/kaboly-mystery-solved-mclendon-has-a-concussion/#ixzz39dTGMmJc[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Hokie looking svelte. Not Faneca-level svelte, but svelte nonetheless.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hoke looked like that 6 months after retiring....crazy how these guys lose weight so fast when they hang them up.

Sick Beats, did Hoke do roids too?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Hoke looked like that 6 months after retiring....crazy how these guys lose weight so fast when they hang them up.

Why ask? You can see the needle marks on his arm. sb's will know...
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Marcus Gilbert not practicing at this time. Mike Adams filling in for him. Not known what kind of injury it is....Shaz is still out with a knee...
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Marcus Gilbert not practicing at this time. Mike Adams filling in for him. Not known what kind of injury it is....Shaz is still out with a boo-boo...
    Fixed it for you

Legend

User Info Menu

Fixed it for you
    wrong, it's a "little boo-boo"....lol
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan Shazier may miss preseason opener

LATROBE, Pa. -- What coach Mike Tomlin has twice dismissed as a “boo boo” could delay the Pittsburgh Steelers from getting to see prized rookie Ryan Shazier in his first NFL game.

Due to a knee injury, Shazier is among the Steelers who may not play Saturday night against the New York Giants. Tomlin, who has been coy about Shazier’s condition since the first-round pick limped off the practice field Sunday, did not rule out Shazier -- or any of the other Steelers who are nursing injuries -- from playing in the team’s first exhibition game.

But Tomlin, whose team visits the Giants Saturday for a 7:30 p.m. ET game, did not provide any clarity either when it comes to Shazier’s status.

Tomlin said he doesn’t know if Shazier will practice this afternoon. The eighth-year coach also said that Shazier does not have to practice today to play against the Giants.

In short, he said nothing new about Shazier, who is slated to start this season at inside linebacker, other than that the Ohio State product may not play in the preseason opener.

Others whose status is in question for the game at MetLife Stadium: outside linebacker Jarvis Jones (groin), nose tackle Steve McLendon (concussion), wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey (concussion), tight end Rob Blanchflower (ankle) and linebacker Jordan Zumwalt (groin).

“If they’re deemed healthy and ready to play I’d just as soon get that first play out of the way so we can just move on with the process,” Tomlin said Thursday morning at a news conference previewing the Steelers’ first preseason game. “Our intention is to play those guys if it’s at all possible but we’ll wait till the last minute to make those judgments.”

Tomlin said he has yet to determine how much the starters will play against the Giants. Younger players who are projected starters could get more snaps than veteran starters, Tomlin said.

“Our goal is to give these guys what they need or what it is we need to see from them," Tomlin said. "It will be different things for different people.”

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/8032/ryan-shazier-may-miss-preseason-opener[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If you know the NFL, you would know it is more likely than not. Not every single guy is on stuff, but more are on than not. Why do you think these guys go from 320 lb beasts to 230 in 1 year. What explains that? If you are about to tell me a change in diet and lifting alone, I got some swamp land to sell you.