Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 likely to not make team, Moye included

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

5 likely to not make team, Moye included

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/79746/steelers-derek-moye-in-familiar-territory[/url]

I figured he was odd man out. No big loss. All he seemed capable of was nearly getting killed IF he actually got the ball or dropped TD passes. I don't see him beating out A. Brown, Wheatly, Moore, Bryant and Brown/Bey. He's simply not NFL caliber.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll wait until the actual cuts take place

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Im rooting hard for Nick Williams and Brad Wing

Legend

User Info Menu

I doubt we keep any WR's named Wheatly, particularly since there are none on the roster entering training camp.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't know if he'll make the team. If he doesn't I guess it will be because he's not good enough. However.....he caught two passes last year. One was for a TD, the other was one he snagged about three feet over his head. That is when WRs are exposed to hard hits and he got one. Pretty small sample size for concluding that he nearly gets killed when he does catch the ball.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I could see Arnfelt beating out Williams. I don't care which one makes the roster, I just want one to step up.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I doubt we keep any WR's named Wheatly, particularly since there are none on the roster entering training camp.
    Wheatly, Wheaton, with a total of 11 catches to his name, I ain't worried about getting his name perfect. Show me at least 40 catches and I will try harder.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I don't know if he'll make the team. If he doesn't I guess it will be because he's not good enough. However.....he caught two passes last year. One was for a TD, the other was one he snagged about three feet over his head. That is when WRs are exposed to hard hits and he got one. Pretty small sample size for concluding that he nearly gets killed when he does catch the ball.
    I know. But even when he drops the ball, he does so in an awkward fashion. He just looks like an accident waiting to happen out there. I like that kid J. Brown better.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Wheatly, Wheaton, with a total of 11 catches to his name, I ain't worried about getting his name perfect. Show me at least 40 catches and I will try harder.
    Markus Wheaton had a total of 6 catches for 64 yards as a rookie (which, coincidentally, is the exact same number of catches and yards that Limas Sweed had as a rookie, by the way).

I guess this Wheatly dude had 11.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Markus Wheaton had a total of 6 catches for 64 yards as a rookie (which, coincidentally, is the exact same number of catches and yards that Limas Sweed had as a rookie, by the way).

I guess this Wheatly dude had 11.
    Thats wierd. I feel like the odds of that are just so slim lol