Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 likely to not make team, Moye included

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    make some key drops and you find yourself out of the league completely (Sweed, Moye).
    Glad to see that you already consider Moye to be "out of the league completely" before even one training camp practice.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Glad to see that you already consider Moye to be "out of the league completely" before even one training camp practice.
    It's called prognostication. Ever heard of it? I am predicting Moye won't cut it. Will I be right? I usually am. Care to make a wager? Do you have the stones?

Legend

User Info Menu

It's called prognostication. Ever heard of it? I am predicting Moye won't cut it. Will I be right? I usually am. Care to make a wager? Do you have the stones?
    I don't count anyone out this early, but considering that I'd say that Moye is the 7th wideout on our training camp depth right now behind A. Brown, M. Wheaton, L. Moore, M. Bryant, J. Brown, and D. Heyward-Bey, I'm not betting some Internet tough guy anything. But I'm glad you have stones, though. Congratulations on them finally dropping for you.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't count anyone out this early, but considering that I'd say that Moye is the 7th wideout on our training camp depth right now behind A. Brown, M. Wheaton, L. Moore, M. Bryant, J. Brown, and D. Heyward-Bey, I'm not betting some Internet tough guy anything. But I'm glad you have stones, though. Congratulations on them finally dropping for you.
    Well, let's just see who is proven right. I have a feeling it will be me, AGAIN.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, let's just see who is proven right. I have a feeling it will be me, AGAIN.
    Hey, self-proclaimed genius...I'm predicting the same damn thing you are. I doubt Moye makes the team, saying that hes 7th right now on a team that will likely keep 5 or 6 wideouts at the most (may be the former if the team sees Archer as a quasi wideout in addition to his regular RB duties) but I won't count anyone out before the pads go on, and I won't engage in douchebaggery about it either.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I won't engage in douchebaggery about it either.
    Too late. You already have.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"Douchebaggery"........classic. That is why Ruthless is a "Legend" and I remain a mere mortal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Camp Insider: Moye ready for battle

LATROBE -- Second-year WR Derek Moye (Rochester) finds himself in a tough battle.

The Steelers lost Jerricho Cotchery and Emmanuel Sanders to free agency, but signed veterans Darrius Heyward-Bey and Lance Moore. They are competing with oft-injured Markus Wheaton, fourth-round draft pick Martavis Bryant, Moye and his former Penn State teammate, Justin Brown, for roster spots. Antonio Brown, coming off a record setting season, is a lock as the team’s No. 1 receiver.

“I just got to come in here and perform every day, and have a performance similar to last year,” said Moye, who caught two passes for 20 yards and a touchdown in seven games a year ago. “And I have to go out there and prove that I deserve to be on the team. … (Last year) definitely gave me a lot of experience and showed me what to expect as an NFL player, an NFL receiver. … I think we got a lot of talented receivers. … For me personally, I feel like I’m as good as any of them and I have a great shot of making the team.”

* S Troy Polamalu is a notoriously private person, rarely letting anyone into the inner-workings of one of the finest defensive backs in recent NFL history. This summer, Shamarko Thomas got an up close and personal look to see what makes Polamalu tick. Thomas, a second-year safety, worked out with Polamalu for a week in California.

“It felt like a month because he trains so hard,” Thomas said.

* Former Pro Bowl C Maurkice Pouncey is happy to be back at training camp after missing most of last season with a torn ACL. “It’s like my rookie year all over again,” he said, shortly after arriving at Saint Vincent College. “I woke up this morning with more jitters than ever. It’s awesome to be here.” Pouncey is likely not too happy about being sued for his role in a Miami nightclub brawl. Ricquan James accuses Pouncey and his twin brother, Mike, of assaulting him earlier this month. Despite signing a six-year, $48 million contract extension in June that will keep him with the Steelers through 2019, Maurkice Pouncey said he doesn’t feel any extra pressure to produce. “I have to go out there and do what I always did,” he said. “I am a confident player. I am pretty sure I am set to go.” Tomlin said Pouncey will have no limitations on him during camp.

* Lance Moore has only played for one other organization in his previous eight NFL seasons. Moore won a Super Bowl ring in New Orleans but, after being released for cap reasons in January, is ready for a new start. Moore, a hard-nosed, 5-9 receiver, believes he’ll be a good fit in Pittsburgh. “You can tell it’s definitely a blue-collar team,” he said. “Guys want to work here toward a common goal and that’s being able to participate in championship level, championship caliber play. We have one goal and that’s to win games to set ourselves up for that tournament late in the season. This is where it starts.”

* Few players will have a bigger spotlight on him this summer than second-year WR Markus Wheaton. Tabbed by most to be the No. 2 behind Antonio Brown, Wheaton says that spot will have to be earned. Coming off an injury-plagued rookie season, Wheaton is up for the challenge. “There’s pressure on everybody, whether you’re a vet that’s been there for a long time, you still have something to prove or a rookie or undrafted free agent coming in,” Wheaton said. “You still have a lot of prove to hold your spot or get your spot.”

* FS Mike Mitchell (groin) and RB Alvester Alexander (groin) were placed on the PUP list. Mitchell, signed during free agency, suffered the injury while training. Coach Mike Tomlin said he expects Tomlin to be out about a week. LG Ramon Foster and P Adam Podlesh were absent due to personal reasons.

* It was announced earlier Friday that QB Ben Roethlisberger would not be receiving a contract extension before this season. Roethlisberger's current contract expires at the end of the 2015 season.

QUOTEWORTHY

“Absolutely. See you Monday.”

Mike Tomlin, on whether this year’s camp will be as physical as last year’s. The Steelers will don full equipment for the first time on Monday.

[url]http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/camp-insider-moye-ready-for-battle/article_a1c5d35c-1450-11e4-a4df-0017a43b2370.html[/url]
    Last edited by SteelCrazy; 07-25-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And you will revel in Moye being cut because it will prove you right? What are you overcompensating for by using this trivial stuff?

Rookie

User Info Menu

He said, "AGAIN"....implying that he had been correct about something in the past...

Funny...