Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 likely to not make team, Moye included

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Markus Wheaton had a total of 6 catches for 64 yards as a rookie (which, coincidentally, is the exact same number of catches and yards that Limas Sweed had as a rookie, by the way).

I guess this Wheatly dude had 11.
    Damn! You popped dat thang, Ruthless!

Legend

User Info Menu

What's probably very disappointing for Moye is he was one catch away from getting more PT. If he pulls down that TD catch we are likely having a different conversation.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What's probably very disappointing for Moye is he was one catch away from getting more PT. If he pulls down that TD catch we are likely having a different conversation.
    It is interesting how fickle the NFL is. Off the top of my head I can think of two others immediately who were in the same situation. Joe Burnett dropped an int that would have won a game vs the Raiders in his rookie season. We all remember Limas Sweed dropping the sure TD in the Ravens game (and one in the Cincy game). Both guys washed out shortly after.

Maybe be there were other behind the scenes circumstances we don't know about, but it's pretty wild to see how quickly fortunes can change.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    He may not "always" been a baller, but he sure as heck is now. Moye will never be even half of what Cruz has become; that much I know.
    that was not my point at all.

Giving him a shot was worth it though because you never know. He wont ever be half of cruz? Well yeah, that is why is on the roster bubble

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    It is interesting how fickle the NFL is. Off the top of my head I can think of two others immediately who were in the same situation. Joe Burnett dropped an int that would have won a game vs the Raiders in his rookie season. We all remember Limas Sweed dropping the sure TD in the Ravens game (and one in the Cincy game). Both guys washed out shortly after.

Maybe be there were other behind the scenes circumstances we don't know about, but it's pretty wild to see how quickly fortunes can change.
    I still think there is something there with Moye. But, I am a realist. He doesn't make this team unless something crazy happens during the preseason with injuries or with his play. He is on the outside looking in. I think the Steelers keep 5...and Bey and Moye are out the door.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I still think there is something there with Moye. But, I am a realist. He doesn't make this team unless something crazy happens during the preseason with injuries or with his play. He is on the outside looking in. I think the Steelers keep 5...and Bey and Moye are out the door.
    id be very surprised if DHB doesnt make the roster

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    id be very surprised if DHB doesnt make the roster
    I wouldn't necessarily be shocked, because I think that the top 3 spots are going to Antonio Brown, Markus Wheaton, and Lance Moore, plus Martavis Bryant also should make the team (unless he is some kind of Danny Farmer/Fred Gibson level of embarrassment, which no one expects). You want your WR4 and WR5 to also be able to contribute on special teams, and will Heyward-Bey do more on special teams than, say, Justin Brown would?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily be shocked, because I think that the top 3 spots are going to Antonio Brown, Markus Wheaton, and Lance Moore, plus Martavis Bryant also should make the team (unless he is some kind of Danny Farmer/Fred Gibson level of embarrassment, which no one expects). You want your WR4 and WR5 to also be able to contribute on special teams, and will Heyward-Bey do more on special teams than, say, Justin Brown would?
    I would question where Archer falls in their roster plans. If hes the #3 RB, would they keep 6 WRs? I think it would be different if there was another back on the roster

Brown
    Moore
    Wheaton
    DHB
    Bryant
    J Brown

I dont expect much, if anything from Bryant this year...but i will assume he makes the roster even if hes not a dressable player

DHB is a spectacular gunner, and a player that can slide into the role that Nate Washington and Mike Wallace had. I actually am expecting a decent amount of production from him...hes had moments before, he was raw, like so raw but that doesnt mean he cant put it all together this year.

Justin brown is an interesting topic...i didnt think he was draftable last year but they took him anyway ala Frank Summers and AQ Shipley, neither of which were going to be drafted if the steelers didnt take them. He apparently has make big improvemts, but how big? He wouldnt be a gunner on ST but I would imagine he has potential to return punts...but what if archer runs away with that job? Im pretty sure tomlin and haley would lean DHB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post

I think it's a combination, of plays that make or break them, and the long sample size of what they do in practice. But I do think that players make it or break it from just a few key plays in a real game: Come through, and you get more chances, and then you keep coming through and you find yourself a starter (Brown, Hines Ward); make some key drops and you find yourself out of the league completely (Sweed, Moye). Funny how the guys with those few key drops don't end up making it on any other team as well - which goes to show you that they are probably right in knowing if a guy has it or not from just a few key plays. The eye test tells me Moye just doesn't have it. Even when he did catch the ball, he looked awkward and almost got killed. I even think Justin Brown has a more likely upside.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Replacable players get replaced if they blow their first chances. If you are a high draft pick, maybe you get more chances but if you are a late round, udfa, roster bubble guy and you get an opportunity and dont come through you can do yourself before you ever start