Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 likely to not make team, Moye included

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Thats wierd. I feel like the odds of that are just so slim lol
    As slim as Sweed's and Wheaton's legs!

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Markus Wheaton had a total of 6 catches for 64 yards as a rookie (which, coincidentally, is the exact same number of catches and yards that Limas Sweed had as a rookie, by the way).

I guess this Wheatly dude had 11.
    Because 6 compared to 11 is really meaningful. <GIANT ROLLING OF EYES>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Because 6 compared to 11 is really meaningful. <GIANT ROLLING OF EYES>
    It's nearly double! Just like Moye getting lambasted when making one catch, and dropping one pass is truly meaningful.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It's nearly double! Just like Moye getting lambasted when making one catch, and dropping one pass is truly meaningful.
    It is truly meaningful when you can tell how awkward he is out there. His production speaks volumes for how good a player he will ever be. He had only 2 catches and out of the 2, one almost got him killed. He dropped 50% of the TD passes thrown to him. This kid isn't an NFL caliber WR; only reason he was even on the roster was he was a PA/Penn State kid to begin with. Rooneys overvalue people from PA.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It is truly meaningful when you can tell how awkward he is out there. His production speaks volumes for how good a player he will ever be. He had only 2 catches and out of the 2, one almost got him killed. He dropped 50% of the TD passes thrown to him. This kid isn't an NFL caliber WR; only reason he was even on the roster was he was a PA/Penn State kid to begin with. Rooneys overvalue people from PA.
    That is absolutely common practice with teams bringing in local kids for a shot, see Victor Cruz, undrafted but from patterson NJ, 10 min from the NYG stadium.....

I hate moye, but he was better than Justin brown last year....this year, i dont think that will be the case

Bringing in local prospects is not a bad idea...especially if you are PA, OH, TX, FL, CA the top 5 HS football states

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That is absolutely common practice with teams bringing in local kids for a shot, see Victor Cruz, undrafted but from patterson NJ, 10 min from the NYG stadium.....

I hate moye, but he was better than Justin brown last year....this year, i dont think that will be the case

Bringing in local prospects is not a bad idea...especially if you are PA, OH, TX, FL, CA the top 5 HS football states
    I have no problem bringing in local, undrafted players. Or, even draft locals IF THEIR TALENT is worthy of the draft slot. Cruz is a flat out baller - NY got lucky. That kid can play. Moye? Not so much. I have no problem bringing them in, but I _DO_ have a problem when they make the 53-man roster when they really aren't talented enough to deserve it. Also, I believe KEEP guys on the team too long, just because they grew up in PA. Did Charlie Batch really deserve to be our #2 for as long as he did? Oh, but since he grew up in the area, we will keep him on.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have no problem bringing in local, undrafted players. Or, even draft locals IF THEIR TALENT is worthy of the draft slot. Cruz is a flat out baller - NY got lucky. That kid can play. Moye? Not so much. I have no problem bringing them in, but I _DO_ have a problem when they make the 53-man roster when they really aren't talented enough to deserve it. Also, I believe KEEP guys on the team too long, just because they grew up in PA. Did Charlie Batch really deserve to be our #2 for as long as he did? Oh, but since he grew up in the area, we will keep him on.
    lol Cruz was not just always a "flat out baller"

But i wanst comparing moye to cruz at all, it just happens more often than youd think and some guys actually stick. Moye has a roster spot until he isnt the 5th or 6th best WR on the roster, and that will probably be this year.

Charlie Batch did a fine job, and they tried to replace him with dennis dixon....

The steelers are guilty of holding on to players too long, but batch and so far moye arent really on that list for me, cough redman, cough

Moye and his little baby hands can go on to the next stage in his life, hes not a pro athlete but i dont really hold him staying on the fringe of the roster for a year againt him personally

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

But i wanst comparing moye to cruz at all, it just happens more often than youd think and some guys actually stick. Moye has a roster spot until he isnt the 5th or 6th best WR on the roster, and that will probably be this year.

Charlie Batch did a fine job, and they tried to replace him with dennis dixon....

The steelers are guilty of holding on to players too long, but batch and so far moye arent really on that list for me, cough redman, cough

Moye and his little baby hands can go on to the next stage in his life, hes not a pro athlete but i dont really hold him staying on the fringe of the roster for a year againt him personally
    I don't hold it against him, personally. If I had any chance to make an NFL team, especially the Steelers, I would keep trying until I was told it is over. Oh, and Redman....not only allowed to stay too long, but they insanely made him the starter last season, when anyone with a 10th of a brain knew he wasn't any where near a starting NFL RB, and even if he was, he would never hold up more than a few games. His style and body type were doomed to be injured all the time. He isn't big, isn't fast, isn't shifty but will stay upright and push the pile 2 more inches while getting blasted by huge players. The Duce Staley pick up was another that I knew had zero chance of being successful; those tires were bare. But how come the Steeler staff didn't realize that and I did?

It was so obvious that Dwyer was the better back than Redman. They did figure it out, but took longer than most of us. Jones was also a much better back than IR.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree with Scott Brown on all 5 of the guys he singled out, Moye,Carter,Paulson,N Williams and Wing are all going to have their best camp and show serious improvement to make this roster. I would not be surprised if none of them made the final 53. Now that does not mean I'm not pulling 4 them just calling it for what it is.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He may not "always" been a baller, but he sure as heck is now. Moye will never be even half of what Cruz has become; that much I know.