Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice gets a joke of a suspension

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    truthteller makes up more sh!t than anyone here which is why his screenname is so funny/stupid

just another idiot with an agenda like a lot of new posters here. makes the site much less enjoyable, but hey they drive traffic, so the mods favor them. Between them and the posters who constantly play the race card, this board has devolved into what so many before them became.

Some knowledgeable posters here, but getting harder to wade through the crap

Oh I see Eddie, so I am making up the Physical assault of Harrison on his sons mother ? Am I making up the fact that Harrison got ZERO games suspended ? Am I also making up the fact that when asked, Dan Rooney comparing the Assault by Ced Wilson...who was then released by the Steelers and Harrison, Rooney said that Harrison's incident is totally different cause it was committed for the greater good...meanning his son being Baptized...and that makes the Harrison Incident Okay.

I am making ALL that up huh ?....( Effing Idiot!! )

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Oh I see Eddie, so I am making up the Physical assault of Harrison on his sons mother ? Am I making up the fact that Harrison got ZERO games suspended ? Am I also making up the fact that when asked, Dan Rooney comparing the Assault by Ced Wilson...who was then released by the Steelers and Harrison, Rooney said that Harrison's incident is totally different cause it was committed for the greater good...meanning his son being Baptized...and that makes the Harrison Incident Okay.

No but, you amde up the stitches and the concussion. You think that a High Powered lawyer, one that runs her own firm in Pittsburgh, would drop the charges on Harrison? Why? If it were as bad as it sounds, she would have buried him. She obviously wasn't trying to ruin him and take his money. She's loaded anyway. IF he had given her a concussion and caused her to need stitches she BURIES him. Harrison SMACKED his girlfriend. He didn't beat the hell out of her like Rice did.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    No but, you amde up the stitches and the concussion. You think that a High Powered lawyer, one that runs her own firm in Pittsburgh, would drop the charges on Harrison? Why? If it were as bad as it sounds, she would have buried him. She obviously wasn't trying to ruin him and take his money. She's loaded anyway. IF he had given her a concussion and caused her to need stitches she BURIES him. Harrison SMACKED his girlfriend. He didn't beat the hell out of her like Rice did.

Okay, two things. One, how do you know what Rice did ? Did you actually SEE the attack ? Did you actually hear Ray ever say that HE knocked her out ? Cause I know for a fact I never heard that. I did hear via reports from TMZ...Who broke the story saying that Rice's fiance may, after getting SHOVED might have hit her head on a metal handrail inside the elevator. Not that that takes away from the situation, but, it is a lot less in what Harrison did. Harrison was not being confronted by the Mother of their child at all. He, after the Mother said she would not allow their son to be Baptized...mostly cause as we now know that Harrison never told her about it. And just decided to come over their on a Sunday....which was not even Harrison's day to have his son...and try to take him away.

Harrison DID break down her door. He did slap, and then smash her Phone away, and he DID Violently swing and hit her. And I have yet to find the article, but I remember her going to the Hospital, and getting stiches. I even tried about 1 hour ago calling the PPG, and talking to Ed Boushette...but he was not there. But I did leave a voice mail. But regardless....how does Ray's situation even come close to comparing to Harrison ? And unlike Rice, who has NEVER had even the slightest Blip on the Radar as it goes to any past off the field Incidents, or acts of Violence. As where Harrison has a rich History of off the field Incidents, and a History of Violent Behavior.

So please, stop embarrassing yourself. And stop trying to defend Harrison, or Goodell. Cause if Harrison didn't get even a single game suspension. Then I fail to see why everyone has an Issue with Rice getting a very fair 2 game suspension.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm watching South Park right now and I swear this sounds exactly like an Eric Cartman rant.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Okay, two things. One, how do you know what Rice did ? Did you actually SEE the attack ? Did you actually hear Ray ever say that HE knocked her out ? Cause I know for a fact I never heard that. I did hear via reports from TMZ...Who broke the story saying that Rice's fiance may, after getting SHOVED might have hit her head on a metal handrail inside the elevator. Not that that takes away from the situation, but, it is a lot less in what Harrison did. Harrison was not being confronted by the Mother of their child at all. He, after the Mother said she would not allow their son to be Baptized...mostly cause as we now know that Harrison never told her about it. And just decided to come over their on a Sunday....which was not even Harrison's day to have his son...and try to take him away.

Harrison DID break down her door. He did slap, and then smash her Phone away, and he DID Violently swing and hit her. And I have yet to find the article, but I remember her going to the Hospital, and getting stiches. I even tried about 1 hour ago calling the PPG, and talking to Ed Boushette...but he was not there. But I did leave a voice mail. But regardless....how does Ray's situation even come close to comparing to Harrison ? And unlike Rice, who has NEVER had even the slightest Blip on the Radar as it goes to any past off the field Incidents, or acts of Violence. As where Harrison has a rich History of off the field Incidents, and a History of Violent Behavior.

So please, stop embarrassing yourself. And stop trying to defend Harrison, or Goodell. Cause if Harrison didn't get even a single game suspension. Then I fail to see why everyone has an Issue with Rice getting a very fair 2 game suspension.
    Because it isn't fair...

Harrison is no longer the benchmark...Goodell himself set the suspension precedent by giving Ben six games with far less evidence against him and neither charges nor arrest...

Harrison's example became irrelevant when Goodell did that...

Besides, Harrison was suspended for hitting people he was supposed to hit...grown professional athletes wearing protective equipment...

What outrages posters on this board is the inconsistency demonstrated by the person in charge of discipline...

Legend

User Info Menu

I even tried about 1 hour ago calling the PPG, and talking to Ed Boushette...but he was not there. But I did leave a voice mail.
    Wow...just wow.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Because it isn't fair...

Harrison is no longer the benchmark...Goodell himself set the suspension precedent by giving Ben six games with far less evidence against him and neither charges nor arrest...

Harrison's example became irrelevant when Goodell did that...

Besides, Harrison was suspended for hitting people he was supposed to hit...grown professional athletes wearing protective equipment...

What outrages posters on this board is the inconsistency demonstrated by the person in charge of discipline...
    but it's sad to see people shrug off Harrison's domestic violence case....

I know the focus is on the suspension but "SOME" people are faking outrage over domestic violence but as soon as we mention JH they shrug it off. It's insincere IMO.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    but it's sad to see people shrug off Harrison's domestic violence case....

I know the focus is on the suspension but "SOME" people are faking outrage over domestic violence but as soon as we mention JH they shrug it off. It's insincere IMO.
    Ah. Yeah, JH's DV case was not a proud moment for me as a Steeler fan...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steven A Smith may get a longer suspension from ESPN than Rice gets from the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Commissioner will meet the media this weekend in Canton

Posted by Mike Florio on July 30, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT

Much has been made about the apparent unwillingness of Commissioner Roger Goodell to answer questions about the controversial decision to suspend Ravens running back Ray Rice only two games for knocking out his then-fiancĂ©e (now wife) in an elevator in February. Earlier this week, the league office dispatched Adolpho Birch to answer questions, and the consensus is that it didn’t go well.

But while Goodell has yet to address the situation with the press, that will end this weekend in Canton.

“The Commissioner meets with the media during the [Hall of Fame] weekend and will do so again this year,” league spokesman Brian McCarthy tells PFT.

It’s safe to say the first question from the assembled media members will relate to Ray Rice. And perhaps the second. And perhaps the third.

It’s also safe to say that it will be difficult for Goodell to say or do anything that will change the near-unanimous belief that a league known for getting it right in most situations has gotten this one incredibly wrong.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/30/commissioner-will-meet-the-media-this-weekend-in-canton/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.