Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice gets a joke of a suspension

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The idea that he was maybe dragging her out because she was drunk it ridiculous.

You're an NFL running back. Carry your girl out. Even if you did knock her cold - why drag her out like that?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Regardless of what other players have been assessed as punishment for crimes against the NFL, recreational drug use, performance enhancing drugs, accusations of sexual misconduct, hitting other players too hard, etc. I think we can all agree that knocking another human being unconscious should have carried a bit stiffer penalty. To me, this a minimum of 8 games plus counseling and anger management. Two games and no attempt to educate him about how to conduct himself as a father, husband and son is rather light punishment.

Even if the Ravens lose the first two games the punishment isn't worth it, there's more at stake here than a couple football games. I'm not sure how women in general can support the NFL; Roger Goodell is basically saying we have little respect for the women of the NFL, fans, wives and girlfriends alike, sad really.

Pappy
    I couldn't agree more. Your post is truly the crux of the situation.

The crime deserved a much harsher punishment. Not for the severity of the crime itself, but for what it represents for the league. Goodell did not make a statement to anyone-not the players or the public-that the NFL does not stand for such conduct. Instead he practically made it a non-issue.

Comparing the act to any other players past transgressions and punishment does no good.
    Arguing the fact that it is Ray Rices first offense means nothing.

This is a situation where Roger needed to come down hard. Over the top. And he failed miserably. The message he sent was it's not that big of a deal to the NFL that women get abused, battered and assaulted.

Women everywhere should be in an uproar over this. You cannot slap the wrist for assault on women. Period.

I think back recently to the episode in the elevator between jay z and solange knowles. She was punching and slapping and kicking him. And he didnt touch her. Be a man. Hold fast.

Just pisses me off. Probably a little more 'cause I have seen this stuff first hand when I was younger.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sometimes I wonder if Roger's trying to destroy the NFL. Because I don't know if it would really be possible to be that incompetent.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Everybody I spoke to about this can't believe that he only got 2 games. Incredible.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    The idea that he was maybe dragging her out because she was drunk it ridiculous.

You're an NFL running back. Carry your girl out. Even if you did knock her cold - why drag her out like that?
    because he was drunk

Administrator

User Info Menu

How about calling the front desk and asking someone for help? Apparently, Ray Rice didn't learn any common sense while he was at Rutgers.

Also, every elevator has a "Call" / "Help" button that automatically calls the front desk or something similar. How about pressing that button? What an idea!!?!?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Compare the two situations. Look at the credibility of the accusers and the facts in Roethlisberger's case, then immediately follow that analysis with a viewing of the Rice video tape. You tell me which one deserves 6 games and which one should get 2. Compare Ben's case with any other suspension in the history of the league and tell us how you don't see an obvious incongruity.
    Ben served 4 games and we didn't get to see the tape from the GA incident because the tape was lost/destroyed.

You guys are going to shorten your lives with this faux outrage over other players getting suspensions that aren't as harsh as Ben's. The Rooneys wanted Ben punished. Instead of writing letters to Goodell, fans should write the Rooneys because they are the reason Ben was given a swift ruling by Goodell.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here was a tweet from Scott Fujita about it only being 2 games:

"The message to my wife & 3 daughters today? The business that's been such a big part of our life, really doesn't give a f**k about you."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I thought rice was white?

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ben served 4 games and we didn't get to see the tape from the GA incident because the tape was lost/destroyed.

You guys are going to shorten your lives with this faux outrage over other players getting suspensions that aren't as harsh as Ben's. The Rooneys wanted Ben punished. Instead of writing letters to Goodell, fans should write the Rooneys because they are the reason Ben was given a swift ruling by Goodell.
    It's not faux outrage and you are a better poster than that...

The fact that Dan Rooney supposedly "wanted" a harsh punishment for Ben doesn't mean that Rice should punch his wife with impunity, which is okay with Roger, it seems...